What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. BasketCase by Green Day
cool song awesome drumming
- 9. R.E.M by Everybody Hurts
everybody does hurt
- 8. Lithium by Nirvana
just plain good song
- 7. Self Esteem by The Offspring
self esteem ahh i have none
- 6. Bullet With Butterfly Wings by The Smashing Pumpkins
"despite all my rage i am still just a rat in a cage" come on with lyrics like that who can't like this song
- 5. Losing my Religion by R.E.M.
I really don't know what this song is about oh well it's still good and sounds meaningful
- 4. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
a song a about how a boy took his life sad
- 3. Black Hole Sun by Soundgraden
A song about judgement day and armmegeddon what's not to like
- 2. Good Riddance (time of your life) by Green Day
Shows sometimes the most punk thing to do sometimes it to cool it off
- 1. Heart-shaped Box by Nirvana
an amazing and revealing piece of work
ummm Hole sucks don't believe what Courtney Love says she had a hand in the murder of Kurt Cobain
By: Nick Cangemi
- 10. Tonight Tonight by Smashing Pumpkins
- 9. The Way You Make Me Feel by Michael Jackson
- 8. Lithium by Nirvana
- 7. Buddy Holly by Weezer
- 6. River of Dreams by Billy Joel
- 5. Walking in Memphis by Marc Cohn
- 4. I Would Do Anything For Love by Meat Loaf
- 3. Too Much by Dave Matthews Band
- 2. November Rain by Guns N Roses
- 1. Mr. Jones by Counting Crows
- 10. Soul To Squeeze by Red Hot Chili Peppers
A 90s all-time classic that everyone can interpret and relate to in their own way.
- 9. Coffee & TV by Blur
Another great alternative brit song.
- 8. Untitled by Smashing Pumpkins
Thier last song, but still one of the best.
- 7. The Great Beyond by Rem
A v. good rem song.
- 6. Beautiful Day by U2
Comes a bit later in their career, but a nice song.
- 5. About a Girl by Nirvana
A lot of v. good Nirvana songs, but this is one of my faves.
- 4. Coldplay by The Scientist
Some v. nice lyrics and a song that isn't easy to tire of.
- 3. Not Fire, Not Ice by Ben Harper
This song is an acoustic song with amazing lyrics
- 2. Let Down by Radiohead
Another amazing rh song, one of their v. best, considered to be the summing up song of OK Computer.
- 1. Fake Plastic Trees by Radiohead
It's beautiful in it's cutting simplicity and the ingenuity of the choice of lyrics.
I know I've forgotten many songs, particulary from the earlier 90s, but ten is a v. rigid amount to stick to!
- 10. My name is by Eminem
How can you disagree with this one? Not only is he the biggest white rapper ever, he totally lets himself go with his music...no sugar coating for anyone. This song gave the finger to everything Eminem hates about the world. Wouldn't we all just love to do that sometimes? (maybe not in as valgur a way as he did, but you know what I mean.)
- 9. Mo Money, Mo Problems by Puff Daddy
Puffy started out w/ this song and that's exactly when the hype began for the super expensive brand names began. He through his money in the faces of the public sportin Gucci and Prada and makin a statement. His motto: If you got it, flaunt it...if you don't got it, it's all good too.
- 8. Basketcase by Green Day
They didn't sell out, we just want to believe they did. Green Day was the first punk band to make it as far as Green Day...the fans who followed them from their start weren't too happy to see them on the cover of magazines and playing gigs on MTV but the boys sure as hell didn't give up on their roots. They're still as hardcore punk rocker as they were when they played in their garages 10 years ago.
- 7. Heal the World by Michael Jackson
The man might be a bit off the wall but he is genious. He knows how to keep up with the times. Every song he puts out there fits in with the musical society.
- 6. More than a women by Aaliyah
This girl could sing, dance, write...everything that the music world was demanding at the time. She was bound to be one of the most talented r&b artists ever.
- 5. OOPS! I did it again by Britney Spears
I'm not a huge fan of this girl but she put the sex in pop music. She's an icon in the music world and her look has turned more than a few heads her way. Britney Spears is the reason for the pop phenomenon.
- 4. Wide Open Spaces by Dixie Chicks
Not everyone may like them, but these chicks have been one of the key factors in country-turn-pop music. THey may not write their own music or lyrics but they are the poster girls for all country music nowadays.
- 3. Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
They've been through so much as a band and it's all been in plain view of the public eye. Society was with them every step of the way and we're still with them now. Under the Bridge is a song that everyone can relate to...whoever listens to it gets lost in the lyrics and melody. It's one of the most spectacular songs ever written.
- 2. Lauryn Hill by Doo Wop (That Thing)
Her soul and meaning in all of the songs she writes and performs is remarkable. She's a fantastic artist with an extremely powerful voice and even more powerful lyrics.
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
I have to agree with the popular vote on this one. It's a breakthrough song which paved the way for so many other artists today.
- 10. 4 Page Letter by Aaliyah
- 9. Deamin by Selena
- 8. 12 Play by R. Kelly
- 7. Hero by Mariah Carey
- 6. Dear Mama by 2pac
- 5. Weak by Swv
- 4. Run To The Arms Who Love You by Escape
- 3. All Cried Out by Escape
- 2. Twisted by Keith Sweat
- 1. Right And Wrong Way by Keith Sweat
- 10. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
The 90's would have been nothing without this song.
- 9. Dont Speak by No Doubt
Their greatest cd to date and the song that really made them superstars.
- 8. The Freshman by The Verve Pipe
Great guitar entry that 90's songs will be famous for.
- 7. The World I Know by Collective Soul
Just a great song.
- 6. 1979 by The Smashing Pumpkins
a song you instantly remember by the first note.
- 5. The Way by Fastball
One of those great mystery songs.
- 4. You Oughta Know by Alanis Morrissette
I think this song changed they way women sing rock music.
- 3. Barely Breathing by Duncan Shiek
- 2. One Head Light by The Wallflowers
Thats when they said i lost my only friend.
- 1. Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve
Classic nineties orchestra song!
- 10. You Could Be Mine by Guns'n'roses
- 9. Enter Sandman by Metallica
- 8. Turn The Pages by Metallica
- 7. Wild Boys by Atrocity Werk 80
- 6. One by Metallica
- 5. Marilyn Manson by Rock Is Dead
- 4. Astronomy by Metallica
- 3. Du Hast by Rammstein
- 2. Black Fairy by Therion
- 1. Fade To Back by Metallica
I don't like pop music at all
- 10. April Fools by Rufus Wainwright
very good but not very popular. got overlooked even though being on the top of a lot of critic's lists
- 9. Ironic by Alanis Morissette
this was one of these songs that was absolutely everywhere when it came out, it was a cool video though
- 8. I'm Only Happy When It Rains by Garbage
pretty decent song, i think it was one of the few angsty songs out at the time.
- 7. When Can I See You Again by Babyface
another great 90's song missing from a lot of these lists
- 6. Hey Jealousy by Gin Blossoms
another great mid-ninties bad that disappeared into obscurity
- 5. Counting Blue Cars by Dishwalla
a one hit wonder
- 4. Breakfast At Tiffany's by Deep Blue Something
i think a good chunk of these songs come from the same year, this one fits in with counting blue car, mr jones, and hey jealousy. another one hit wonder.
- 3. Mr Jones by Counting Crows
their most well known song, but not as good as some of the others
- 2. Caught A Lite Sneeze by Tori Amos
not very popular on the radio but it one of her best
- 1. Criminal by Fiona Apple
this song is oddly absent from a lot of the lists even though i remember it was pretty popular at the time
- 10. Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
the only good song they've ever done
- 9. Glycerine by Bush
- 8. I Believe by Blessid Union Of Souls
You hear it - you like it
- 7. Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm by Crash Test Dummies
- 6. Gangsta's Paradise by Coolio
- 5. Champagne Supernova by Oasis
- 4. Stan by Eminem
As good as rap music can get
- 3. The World I Know by Collective Soul
- 2. Ana's Song (Open Fire) by Silverchair
I heard two seconds of it first time and I new it was brilliant
- 1. Spaceman by Babylon Zoo
There has or will never be anything anywhere near its league
Of course there are many others
- 10. Hero by Mariah Carey
- 9. Don't Look Back in Anger by Oasis
- 8. As Long as You Love Me by Backstreet Boys
- 7. New Orleans is Sinking by The Tragically Hip
- 6. Happy by Travis
- 5. The Sky's the Limit by Notorious B.I.G
- 4. Angels by Robbie Williams
- 3. How's it Gonna Be by Third Eye Blind
- 2. Two Step by Dave Matthews Band
- 1. Glycerine by Bush
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book