What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Drugs Dont Work by The Verve
Deep Feelings for this tune. Great Stuff!!
- 9. Boiler by Limp Bizkit
this is limps best and has that dark feelin which makes it what it is.
- 8. Sweetness by Jimmy Eat World
how Amazin is this tune??
- 7. Wonderwall by Oasis
Best song from Oasis and one of the best all time tunes.
- 6. Butterfly by Crazy Town
super tune, i really liked this one alot
- 5. Gansta's Paradise by Coolio
amazin rap tune...classic
- 4. Thong Song by Sisqo
wicked summer tune
- 3. Song 2 by Blur
- 2. Role Model by Eminem
- 1. All The Small Things by Blink 182
best punk tune ever!!
There Are loads of tunes to pick from and these arnt all my favs in order but they are the ones that i think rock and should be mentiond
- 10. I Belong To U by Briank Mcknight
best love osng i have ever heard
- 9. Today Was A Good Day by Ice Cube
- 8. Ill Make Love To U by Boys Ii Men
- 7. 100% by Big Pun
- 6. Mo Money Mo Problems by Mase Pdiddy B.i.g
- 5. Slippin' by Dmx
- 4. Cali Love by 2pac
- 3. Regulators by Nate Dogg Ft Warren G
- 2. Renegades by Jay -z Ft Eminem
- 1. Big Poppa by Biggie Smalls
- 10. Hold My Hand by Hootie & the Blowfish
Remember Hootie? Of course you do. And you loved this song, even if you didn't want to admit it.
- 9. The Distance by Cake
Great percussion and bass, highlighted by John McCrea's stacatto vocals and impeccible timing. You know you had "He's going the distance... he's going for... speed" running around in your head for weeks.
- 8. Push by Matchbox 20
It's hard to pick a "best" song from Yourself or Someone Like You, as the album has at least five candidate tracks. I'm going with Push because the raw, honest lyrics are an outstanding bridge between early-90's grunge and the current post-grunge, mood-driven rock.
- 7. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Yeah, I know, it's supposed to be #1. Well, it's just not. It's not the best Nirvana song. It's not even the best song on the first half of Nevermind. But there's no question that it was the *most important* song of the 90's. This song ripped a hole in the 80's and let the 90's in. The opening guitar riff wiped out all those hair band E chords, and overnight flannel and angst replaced tight pants, big hair, screetching, and acting like a bad ass.
- 6. She Has a Girlfriend Now by Reel Big Fish
Remember how, inexplicably, ska got really big in 1997? This laugh-out-loud funny tale love in the 90's anchored Reel Big Fish's quirky, fun album.
- 5. Jump Around by House of Pain
Jump up. Jump up. And get down.
- 4. Angel by Sarah McLachlan
(1) Invite girl over. (2) Put this song on. (3) Try to keep her from jumping your bones.
- 3. '97 Bonnie & Clyde by Eminem
Listen up: white people can do rap for real now. Now the best rapper is white and the best golfer is black.
- 2. Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam
B-side of the Jeremy single. Soulful & deep, with one of the most memorable guitar solos of all time. Can't tell what Eddie's saying, so make up your own words. Guess what? The song works even better with your words.
- 1. Mr. Jones by Counting Crows
Song for song, possibly the best band of the 90's. The whole album is solid, top to bottom, but this one sticks out. Mr. Jones is one of those songs that dares you to dream big.
- 10. The Unforgiven by Metallica
- 9. Fear Of The Dark by Iron Maiden
- 8. Give It To Me by Michael Jackson
- 7. Id Do Anything For Love by Meat Loaf
- 6. Frozen by Madonna
- 5. Don't Cry by Guns N' Roses
- 4. Always by Bon Jovi
- 3. Cryin' by Aerosmith
- 2. Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
- 1. November Rain by Guns N' Roses
Is The Best !!!
- 10. Two Princes by Spin Doctors
- 9. Even Flow by Pearl Jam
- 8. Don't Follow by Alice in Chains
- 7. Lovefool by Cardigans
- 6. Beck by Jaskass
Actually entire Odelay album. All I listened to when I was 16.
- 5. Dreams by Cranberries
- 4. Mysterious Ways by U2
- 3. What I Got by Sublime
- 2. Santa Monica by Everclear
- 1. Breakfast at Tiffany's by Deep Blue Something
Granted, there are songs that are better than these from the 90's, but these songs definitely define the time. There are way too many good songs that could go in a top ten list.
By: Luis Antonio
- 10. Creed by Radiohead
- 9. Camout `n Play by The Offspring
- 8. Basquet Case by Green Day
- 7. Loser by Beck
- 6. Plush by Stone Temple Pilots
- 5. Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam
- 4. Hunger Strike by Temple Of The Dog
- 3. Sweet Sunshower by Chris Cornell
- 2. Corduroy by Pearl Jam
- 1. Smell Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 10. The Unforgiven 2 by Metallica
- 9. The Man In The Box by Alice In Chains
- 8. November Rain by Guns N' Roses
- 7. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
- 6. Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
- 5. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
- 4. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 3. Creep by Radiohead
- 2. The Unforgiven by Metallica
- 1. Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses
- 10. Big Poppa by Notorious B.I.G.
- 9. I'll Be Missing You by Puff Daddy
Sweet, nice message. R.I.P. Biggie.
- 8. California Love by Tupac Shakur
I love this song. It makes me glad.
- 7. Wanna Be a Baller by Lil Troy
Come on now.. switch from motorola to a primeco phone.
- 6. The Real Slim Shady by Eminem
This song is loud and proud, and it exemplifies what many stand for. Way to go Eminem, you are a true genius.
- 5. Gin and Juice by Snoop Dogg
This song makes you want to dance.
- 4. Numba 1 Stunna by Big Tymers
This beat is badass..you can't deny it.
- 3. Hail Mary by Tupac Shakur
Wow.. he was so ahead of his time. R.I.P. 2Pac!
- 2. Forgot About Dre by Dr. Dre & Eminem
The lyrics on this song are awesome.
- 1. Hypnotize by Notorious B.I.G.
You know you can pimp to this song.
- 10. Laid/We don't Mind by James/Hayden
I had this huge think with brit pop/folk/"grunge" music......sue me
- 9. I Gotta Girl/Popular by Tripping Daisy/Nada Surf
Also a hard choice, but equal in rank
- 8. I've Been Good/Circle of Friends by Killjoys/Better than Ezra
I think these two compliment each other nicely don't you think?
- 7. 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
Ok, Ok pretty cliche, but it defines an era, and makes me smile with memories of yore
- 6. Sometimes Always by Jesus Mary Chain/Mazzy Starr
I remember when I first heard this song, I was in love from the start. Hope Sandoval's voice enchants me on a daily basis anyhow, but to add Jim Reid and her together, it blew me away :)
- 5. She Don't Use Jelly/Jane Says by The Flaming Lips/Jane's Addiction
This was a hard one...Both songs have effected me equally...and both bands deserve fair attention.
- 4. Not A Pretty Girl by Ani Difranco
Anyone who can not concieve of Ani, well, that's their tough luck. Her words speak to many. Her silly sweetness makes me smile...
- 3. Underwhelmed by Sloan
Well, I'm partial to this band because they were formed about an hour and a half away from me....Besides that, I think the boys of Sloan deserve many props just for being amazing lyricists....Thanks for assisting in the definition of my youth
- 2. Bizarre Love Triangle by Frente
A cover of an incredible song from the 80's brought over into the 90's with the sweet harmonic voice of Angie Hart, how can anyone resist?
- 1. Lilac Wine by Jeff Buckley
There are no words to define this undeniably soulful man. The words, the music, he was and always will be beautiful.....
Honorable mentions go to....Rage against the Machine(The Ghost of Tom Joad), Lucious Jackson(Naked Eye), Hole(Beautiful Sun), Eric's Trip(Stove), Weezer(Jamie), Sarah Maclachlan(Terms of Endearment, Portishead(Glorybox), and so many more, I don't have the time nor the energy to name :) On a side note, I think top tens, especially when referring to music almost always reflect the listener.
- 10. All Mine by Portishead
Whoa! I was obsessed with this song because although there was a girl singing it wasnt prissy or wimpy. And she(Beth Gibbons) has the most amazing voice.
- 9. Sun Hits The Sky by Supergrass
When I went through my Hippie period, I loved this because it embodied everything I love about psychedelic rock(including a Mellotron solo), but it was from the 90's.
- 8. Voodoo People by The Prodigy
The first 'hardcore' techno song I really liked.
- 7. One Word by Baby Animals
Just a really good rock song and these guys came from my city,Perth.
- 6. Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana
This was the first Nirvana song I actually liked when Kurt was still alive. After he died, I(along with all the other try hards)listened to everything the band released.I was obsessed for at least 5 years.
- 5. Crazy by Seal
I just liked the starkness of this song.Also loved "Kiss From a Rose" by the same artist.
- 4. Better by The Screaming Jets
This is an Aussie song that came out in 1990 and it was everything that guitar rock music meant to me at the time.
- 3. Supernova by Liz Phair
The guitar at the start always gets me dancing in my bedroom and singing into my hairbrush : )
- 2. Tomorrow(original version) by Silverchair
I was kinda sad when they did a U.S. version cause the first one was so good.
- 1. Buddy Holly by Weezer
The video clip to this was awesome!
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book