What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
By: Matt Marcinkiewicz
- 10. Cut the Mullet by Wesley Willis
R.I.P. Wesley, the legend from Chicago. the next time you think of someone as a lyrical genius, remember the standard Wesley set in this song: "Take your ass to the barber shop Tell the barber that you're sick of looking like an asshole" Wesley Willis just may be the first person to ever headbutt Jesus.
- 9. Interstate Love Song by Stone Temple Pilots
even though Stone Temple Pilots conked out Wesley Willis' engine, which I feel is partially responsible for the death of that legend, this is a great song. have to respect Plush and Sour Girl too
- 8. Californication by Red Hot Chili Peppers
in the conservative Marcinkiewicz household, the title to this CD was initially a cause for alarm...but the beauty of the title track won everyone over
- 7. Fell On Black Days by Soundgarden
Black Hole Sun: overrated Fell On Black Days: underrated although the argument has been made that the term "underrated" is overrated and that "overrated" is underrated (Steve Rushin, Sports Illustrated), i think that the Superunknown analysis I made was still worth it
- 6. The Man Who Sold the World by Nirvana
would have never figured out just from listening to the CD that this was a David Bowie cover...
- 5. Self Esteem by Offspring
have to like the offspring, have to like their recent "Chinese Democracy" CD titling controversy
- 4. Prison Sex by Tool
"blood shit and cum on my hands"...don't think the Lever 2000 is going to help Maynard out too much with that one
- 3. Would? by Alice In Chains
quickly becoming my favorite band, Aaron Lewis of Staind (see "Layne" on "14 Shades of Grey") and Godsmack, who are named after an AIC song, recogize their talent. But don't let that be a trait exclusive to Massachusetts bands...listen to Would, Rooster, Angry Chair, Down In A Hole, No Excuses, Nutshell, Again...the list goes on
- 2. Corduroy by Pearl Jam
such an underrated song, seeing PJ perform this live was amazing
- 1. Champagne Supernova by Oasis
first real CD I ever got was "What's the Story (Morning Glory)"...sorry, Jewel and Ace of Base don't count as real CD's, chalk them up to immaturity
anything off Rammstein's Sehnsucht, possum kingdom, take my picture, hunger strike, godsmack's first CD, mudshovel, even push it, creep, the sweater song, and of course I Got An Office Job for the Sole Purpose of Sexually Harassing Women...if Pearl Jam was prophetic in regards to school shootings, then Anal Cunt definitely foresaw Arnold Schwarzenegger as the govenor of California
By: Richard Caisley
- 10. Heaven Is A Place On Earth by Belinda Carlisle
Erm wasn't this the 80's?? never mind
- 9. It's Like That by Run Dmc
Ahhh what a classic song!
- 8. Always by Bon Jovi
Love the song
- 7. Gangsters Paradise by Coolio
Another major hit!still played loads now
- 6. Spaceman by Babylon' Zoo
Dunno why i put it on but it was always catchy to me
- 5. Mo' Money Mo' Problems by Biggie Smalls & P.diddy
- 4. She's Got That Vibe by R Kelly
- 3. You Cant Touch This by Mc Hammer
Classic when Bart does it on the simpsons!
- 2. It Must Have Been Love by Roxette
Reminds me totally of late childhood!!another main song for sho'!
- 1. Still D.r.e by Dr.dre And Snoop Dogg
Absolute classic tune!!Not sure if it is 90's tbh but worth mentioning!
- 10. To The End by Blur
This band are so much more than just parklife and song2 although they are bot great songs.
- 9. Dolphins Cry by Live
Great chorus slightly dodgy verse
- 8. Unfinished Sympathy by Massive Attack
This song is really something special
- 7. Bullet With Butterfly Wings by Smashing Pumpkins
- 6. Black, Jeremy Or Alive by Pearl Jam
they all deserve a mention great songs
- 5. Fake Plastic Trees, Creep by Radiohead
thoug provoking emotional sheer class
- 4. Losing My Religion Or Everybody Hurts by Rem
Both great songs dont know which is best
- 3. Hail, Hail by Pearl Jam
- 2. Disarm by Pumpkins
if you are in the right mood a superb song
- 1. History by The Verve
Just the best son ever
didnt include hiphop cos didnt have enough space if i did would includ numerous Dre songs, 2pac and NWA
- 10. You Say by Lisa Loeb
i love her, i even have her glasses
- 9. To Be With You by Mr. Big
gets stuck in my head all the time
- 8. December by Collective Soul
- 7. Breakfast At Tiffanys by Deep Blue Something
- 6. Rainking by Counting Crows
another song you always want to hear, only slightly less
- 5. Mr.jones by Counting Crows
a song you alway want to hear
- 4. Til I Hear It From You by Gin Blossoms
the best b/f ever!
- 3. Can't Find A Better Man by Pearl Jam
meaningful and well written
- 2. Hey Jealousy by Gin Blossoms
one of the best examples of 90's music
- 1. Push by Matchbox20
my all time favorite song, everyone should listen to it and understand the emotional undertones
By: Mike Ruley
- 10. Changes by 2-Pac
It's one of those that hits home when you listen closely to the words.
- 9. Sullivan by Caroline Spine
The five Sullivan brothers from Waterloo, Iowa were all killed on the same battleship during WWII. You can feel Mrs. Sullivan's pain when you listen to this song.
- 8. Basket Case by Green Day
A breakthrough song from 1994.
- 7. Mrs. Robinson by Lemonheads
One of the few cover songs that sounds much better than the original. One of those tunes that everybody likes....but no one kows who sings it
- 6. Hypnotize by The Notorious B.I.G.
The one rap song I never get tired of. It's got a unique beat. Bigge, Bigge, Bigge! R.I.P. Bigge Smalls (Christopher Wallace)
- 5. Missing You by Puff Daddy (now P. Diddy)
The one song I couldn't stop listening to when my best friend was killed in a head on car wreck in Feb. 1999
- 4. Good by Better Than Ezra
Wuffa wiffin wah-ha-uh....it was good!
- 3. What I Got (reprise) by Sublime
This is for those times when you need to let loose not give a dang about anything!
- 2. Butterfly by Crazytown
This is one of the few songs I remember from 2001. It's too bad it took 2 years for it to gain popularity. "The Gift of Game" album, recorded in 1999, is a must have!
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Give credit where credit is due. And this is no exception.
I know I've forgotten many tunes but I had to pick ten and these are my picks.
- 10. Crush by Dave Matthews Band
- 9. Say It Aint So by Weezer
- 8. Street Spirit (Fade Out) by Radiohead
- 7. Mojo Pin by Jeff Buckley
- 6. Paranoid Android by Radiohead
- 5. Pink Moon by Nick Drake
- 4. Bartender by Dave Matthews Band
- 3. #41 by Dave Matthews Band
- 2. Exit Music (For a Film) by Radiohead
- 1. Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley
- 10. November Rain by Guns 'n' Roses
- 9. You Don't Treat Me No Good by Sonia Dada
a funky little song!
- 8. Everything I Do (i Do It For You) by Bryan Adams
man, he can sing! he rocks!
- 7. Hero by Mariah Carey
she has a great voice! 90's was the era for this chick!
- 6. End Of The Road by Boyz Ii Men
what a beautiful song, all the girls i know cry when they hear it!
- 5. Genie In A Bottle by Christina Aguliera
this is a clever song!
- 4. From This Moment by Shania Twain
this will be my wedding song, she has a great album too!
- 3. Push by Matchbox 20
another fine effort! great band and good albums too!
- 2. Barbie Girl by Aqua
i'm not a fan of this band, but this song is really clever!
- 1. Always by Bon Jovi
what a great song from a legend! i'm definatley a bon jovi fan!
songs that just miss my top 10 are, gonna make you sweat - c + c music factory, opposites attract - paula abdul, vogue - madonna, slide - goo goo dolls, breathe - prodigy, oh ah just a little bit - gina g, time to say goodbye - andrea bocelli/sarah briteman, remeber the time - michael jackson, best things in life are free - janet jackson and luther vandross.
- 10. Black by Pearl Jam
- 9. Superman by Five For Fighting
- 8. We Danced Anyway by Deana Carter
- 7. Whats Up by 4 Non Blondes
- 6. Drive by Blind Melon
- 5. Peaches by The Presdints Of The United Stated Of America
- 4. Mr Jones by Counting Crows
- 3. Runaway Train by Soul Asylum
- 2. She Talks To Angels by Black Crows
- 1. No Rain by Blind Melon
- 10. I'll Be by Edwin McCain
A great song. Very romantic.
- 9. Just A Girl by No Doubt
- 8. Torn by Natalie Imbruglia
It really fit into my teenage years, and it's fun to listen to now.
- 7. If It Makes You Happy by Sheryl Crow
Who couldn't like this song?
- 6. Enter Sandman by Metallica
- 5. Killing Me Softly by The Fugees
- 4. The Sign by Ace of Base
Joel Giefer, wherever you are, I remember you whenever I hear this.
- 3. Back At One by Brian McKnight
Tyler, we had a good year...
- 2. Everything I Do (I Do It For You) by Bryan Adams
Is there a more romantic song?
- 1. This Used To Be My Playground by Madonna
This has always been my favorite song, and always will be.
- 10. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 9. Invisible Man by 98 Degrees
- 8. All I Wanna Do by Sheryl Crow
- 7. Insensitive by Jann Arden
- 6. All That She Wants by Ace Of Base
- 5. Break Stuff by Limp Bizkit
- 4. Glycerine by Bush
- 3. My Hero by Foo Fighters
- 2. Anytime by Brian McKnight
- 1. This Used To Be My Playground by Madonna
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book