What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Crossroads by Tracy Chapman
Not really a love song but still fantastic
- 9. You Light Up My Life by Whitney Houston
A gorgeous slow song
- 8. Close To You by Maxi Priest
An oldy but a goody
- 7. Every Time You Go Away by Paul Young
This is really sad yet still cool
- 6. Groovy Kind Of Love by Phil Collins
This is an awesome love song
- 5. Like A Bird On A Wire by Aaron Neville
From the movie, a nice slow song
- 4. How Do I Live Without You by Faith Hill
From Con Air, another emotional song
- 3. Tell Me by Groove Theory
This is more up-beat but still beautiful
- 2. How Am I Supposed To Live Without You by Michael Bolton
This one is really gorgeous & sad
- 1. Love Will Lead You Back by Taylor Dayne
A beatiful love song
All these songs r beautiful if your into that, if u email me i got plenty more great songs, newies, oldies anythin!
- 10. Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) by Baz Luhrman
- 9. Black Balloon by Goo Goo Dolls
- 8. Right Now by SR71
- 7. Little Black Backpack by Stroke 9
- 6. My Own Worst Enemy by Lit
- 5. Flagpole Sitter by Harvey Danger
- 4. Mr. Jones by Counting Crows
- 3. The Freshman by Verve Pipe
- 2. No Rain by Blind Melon
- 1. One Headlight by The Wallflowers
Okay, so some of them aren't the best songs in the world, but whenever I hear them, they scream of leggins, rollerblades, poorly spiked hair, and ugly sunglasses.
- 10. One Of Us by Joan Osbourne
last of the best....hmmmmmm....let it be this one...although it dose injustice to many others like ironic, loosing my religion, iris, heaven beside you, kiss from a rose, and soooo many more
- 9. Coolio by Gangsta's Paradise
not really into rap/hip hop but this song is great
- 8. With Or Without You by U2
- 7. Talkin' 'bout Revolution by Tracy Chapman
something else than fast car, maybe even better
- 6. Whats Up by 4non Blondes
- 5. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
maybe this should be put somewhere higher, but what's done is done
- 4. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
could be even Alive or Black, but this one is just strong
- 3. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
in fact i have outgrown nirvana many years back, but you can not neglect their affect even if you tried
- 2. Don't Cry by Guns 'n' Roses
all i can say is ooooooh
- 1. Everybody Hurts by Rem
some more songs would deserve that place, some of Pearl Jam, U2, maybe Nirvana for the impact, but i choose this one, for its simply the best lyrics, music and everything else
would definitely have to disagree with one who said 90' was a musicaly depressing period,,,,so very not true....you just have to know where to look...yes...there were in the late 90' maaaany imitations of good music from britney to bsb...and so on...but there is so much great music......keep enjoying music
- 10. I'll Be by Edwin Mccain
- 9. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 8. The Freshman by Verve Pipe
- 7. My Hero by Foo Fighters
- 6. Basketcase by Green Day
- 5. Lightening Crashes by Live
- 4. Losing My Religion by Rem
- 3. Wonderwall by Oasis
- 2. Head Like A Whole by Nine Inch Nails
- 1. Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana
- 10. All That She Wants by Ace Of Base
Good song to Karoke to.
- 9. Underneath The Bridge by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
I Love Flea
- 8. Blank Hole Sun by Soundgarden
LOVE the video
- 7. A.d.i.d.a.s by Korn
All Day I Dream About Sex, My words exactly
- 6. Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-a-lot
My andaconda don't want none unless you got buns hun
- 5. Ain't Nothin' But A G Thang by Snoop And Dre
Makes me want a impala and braids
- 4. Red Light Special by Tlc
I give a red light special, that's better than the blue light special at K-Mart
- 3. Brass Monkey by Beastie Boyz
Good drinkin' song.
- 2. Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
Ice is back for a brand new invention.
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
I like the video, Kurt Cobain is sexy MF.
By: Jimmy Mc Joe Jr
- 10. Warning by Green Day
cheerful and a great song from a great album
- 9. Pay The Man by The Offspring
it starts off prety cruddy, but it builds and builds and becomes load and extreme!
- 8. Minerva by Deftones
really good especially the intro
- 7. All Apologies by Nirvana
the solo gives it a load of emotion and power. brilliant
- 6. Freak On A Leash by Korn
haunting but soooooo good
- 5. I Believe In A Thing Called Love by The Darkness
3 cool solos and justins impressivly high voice makes it so cool and its about time a non depressive band was made since Green Day
- 4. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
great song- shame all saints had to ruin it and make it sound more r+b
- 3. Wake Up by Rage Against The Machine
just fukin brilliant from begginning to end. tom morello is really impressive.
- 2. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
brilliant and original. started alot of todays influences and is just amazing
- 1. Aero Zeppelin by Nirvana
really underated and not heard of by alot of people but its so good, its got alot of hard rock but also some kinda depressive music aswell.kurt really shows what a good guitarist he is.
why does evryone like linkin park? they're soooo shit. i wanted to add more nirvana but it needs variety. if i could add 1 more i would add love buzz
- 10. Dy Na Mi Tee by Ms Dynamite
- 9. Forgot About Dre by Dr. Dre feat. Eminem
- 8. When The Music Stops by Eminem feat. D12
- 7. X Gonna Give it to ya by DMX
- 6. Shit Can Happen by D12 feat. Eminem
- 5. Black Helivopters by Non Phixion
- 4. Protect Ya Neck II by Wu-Tang Clan
- 3. Why don't you get a job by The Offspring
- 2. Never Again by Wu-Tang Clan
- 1. Pretty Fly(For A White Guy) by The Offspring
Wu-Tang Clan is best... Outcast is also very good, but no song has reached the top ten list and nasty mind is good performed by D12.....
- 10. Champagne Supernova by Oasis
One of the greatest new bands the 90's saw. "Someday you will find me caught beneath the landslide in a champagne supernova in the sky."
- 9. One Sweet Day by Mariah Carey and Boyz 2 Men
What's the 90's with a good ol' Mariah Carey tune? And she's at her best here. "And I know eventually we'll be together...one sweet day."
- 8. Everybody Hurts by REM
Classic song with personal sentimental value. "Everybody hurts. Take comfort in your friends."
- 7. Cryin' by Aerosmith
My personal favorite Aerosmith song. Alicia Silverstone becomes a star. "I was cryin' when I met you, now I'm tryin' to forget you. Your love is sweet misery."
- 6. All I Wanna Do by Sheryl Crow
This song put Sheryl on the map and a grammy in her pocket...damn catchy, too. "All I wanna do is have some fun. I have a feeling I'm not the only one."
- 5. Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
Well written song...great performance. "And I don't want the world to see me...cause I don't think that they'd understand."
- 4. If by Janet Jackson
Great dance track, great video, Janet really broke her shell and became a sex symbol. "If I was your girl, oh the things I'd do to you."
- 3. Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton
One of the finest sentimental songs in history. "Would you know my name if I saw you in heaven?"
- 2. Don't Speak by No Doubt
Best rock-ballad of the 90's. "Don't speak, I know just what you're saying..."
- 1. You Learn by Alanis Morissette
Best lesson of life right here... "You live, you learn, you love, you learn..."
- 10. A Letter to Elise by The Cure
Fantastic song. Disintegration is the best album ever, though.
- 9. The Sweetest Thing by U2
these guys are gods in the rock n roll universe. this is just a lovely song. just...lovely.
- 8. Trash by Korn
yeah, this album came out in '99, so it barely makes it. this is one messed up song, but i cant help but like it.
- 7. 4 AM by Our Lady Peace
this song just makes me wanna cry every time i hear it... *sniffle*
- 6. Hemmorrhage by Fuel
i'm not a big Fuel fan, but this song really got me here... right here in my kidney-- i mean heart.
- 5. Bravado by Rush
i'm pretty damn young to be listening to Rush, but i loved the Roll the Bones album. "Dreamline" was another great track off that album.
- 4. Hate This Place by Goo Goo Dolls
wonderful song, wonderful album... i just.. ah, it's so great. i mean...geez, people...
- 3. Smash by Offspring
everyone puts "Gone Away" on their list, and although that's a good song (a damn good one), i really liked this one. it described everything i was feeling during high school... and it made me wanna break stuff.
- 2. God of Wine by Third Eye Blind
so many good songs by this band that were never broadcast on radio.
- 1. Long Day by Matchbox 20
"Yourself or Someone Like You" is their best album. "Kody" is another good track off that album. Dig it.
i try to choose songs that werent played on the radio. everyone does that. i'm not sure that's the purpose of this site, but still. there have been a few lists here that have introduced me to some good songs, and have reminded me of songs i'd forgotten about. i thank you all. i hope i was able to do the same for you.
- 10. Juke Joint Jezebel by Kmfdm
Another kick ass song/
- 9. Am I Wrong by Love Spit Love
P-Furs front man on his own. Great tune.
- 8. Killing In The Name Of by Rage Against The Machine
The original long version.
- 7. Firestarter by The Prodigy
Great to listen to before going out to break stuff.
- 6. Super Bon Bon by Soul Coughing
Eclectic song that hit it just right.
- 5. Rooster by Alice In Chains
Just a cool song, lyrically and musically.
- 4. Naked Eyes by Luscious Jackson
What melodies. Too bad they couldn't come close to it again.
- 3. 3 Strange Days by School Of Fish
Just a cool song to listen to and imagine those three days.
- 2. Sin by Nine Inch Nails
Hard to pick one of Pretty Hate Machine, possibly the best album of the 90s. makes you want to drink yourself stupid.
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Singlehandedly changed the music from 80s to 90s
I am sure I missed bunches of cool songs, but I could listen to these forever.
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book