What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
By: Juan Diaz
- 10. Anybody Seen My Baby by The Rolling Stones
The Dinosaurs of Rock n'roll made a cool soft piece of delight music.
- 9. Street Spirit by Radio Head
The most spiritual song I've ever heard : Great Video , great song , great band
- 8. Until The End Of The World by U2
It comes from one of the greatest 90's albums as from one of the best bands ever as well.
- 7. Pearl Jam by Jeremmy
One of the greates videos ever!!! and what about Eddie Veder's Voice.
- 6. Come As You Are by Nirvana
The begining of grounge
- 5. Are You Gonna Go My Way by Lenny Kravitz
It brings back the 70's sound to present 90's
- 4. Loosing My Religion by R.E.M.
A sacred rythm song performed by a non such a religous guys , but a very good band.
- 3. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
The only one serious song from a funny hard funk band , that reaches the top of the row.
- 2. Closer by Nine Inch Nails
It makes horny anyone , and musically it's like the beethowen's 9th simphony (great)
- 1. Personal Jesus by Depeche Mode
Coolest song ever!!! it contains a perfect mix between soul rock and techno.
No.11 Duran Duran with Come Undone.
- 10. Zombie by Cranberries
- 9. Sour Girl by Stone Temple Pilots
- 8. Hooker With A Penis by Tool
- 7. Basket Case by Green Day
- 6. Zero by Smashing Pumpkins
- 5. Anas Song by Silverchair
super frikken awesome
- 4. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
- 3. Lithium by Nirvana
- 2. Comedown by Bush
- 1. The Freshmen by Verve Pipe
yea too many songs to choose from...90s were def. the best.
By: Tom Robinson
- 10. Killing in the Name by Rage Against the Machine
So angry...Local cover band from my college days ended every show playing this one at about 1:50 am.
- 9. Corduroy by Pearl Jam
Best song after Jeremy.
- 8. Hunger Stirke by Temple of the Dog
Cornell and Vedder going back and forth- just awesome.
- 7. Down in A Hole by Alice In Chains
Everything you need to know about the aura of this band is in this song. One of the most underrated bands of all time... Yes, of all time.
- 6. Tonight, Tonight by Smashing Pumpkins
- 5. Tripping Billies by Dave Matthews Band
Saw him more than a few times in College. My favorite song from DMB.
- 4. When I Come Around by Green Day
Just a great song
- 3. Interstate Love Song by Stone Temple Pilots
Best song from their best album
- 2. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
Still get chills when I hear it
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
The song that brought back real rock music.
The 90s was high school and college for me. Think it's entirely too much grunge? Oh well- it's my list. With the exception of a few good bands that were born or survived through the worst decade of rock music-(Metallica, VH, GNR)-real hard rock died around 1980. Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, AIC, and the Pumpkins brought it back to us. All you grunge haters out there? Bl*w me!!!!
By: Eternal E
- 10. Fire,Water,Burn by The Bloodhound Gang
how can you not leave this band out? even mainstream hip hop people sing this song!! they do this to entertain us, and they ARE actually quite funny. jimmy pop isn't a reluctant heterophobe, he is a lyrical genius!
- 9. Evenflow by Pearl Jam
also grunge pioneers, these guys lasted through all of the 90's, but they eventually got pretty stale, and needed some new kind of style. it sounded like Last Kiss wasn't even a cover because they did it so well. anyway, evenflow,awesome song, i will always remember it when it was on at parties and school dances and shit.
- 8. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
everyone should know this song! if you go to a chillies concert and you don't know the words to this song, i don't blame the people that beat you up, and if they don't, do it to yourself anyway!the ultimate slow song of the decade, and probably the next too, followed closely behind by down in a hole by alice in chains.
- 7. H. by Tool
the point of tool? who cares, innovative guitaring and out-of-this-f**king-world drumming by danny carey,nice bass works and having maynard as their vocalist, makes this band hard to compete with and hard to NOT like. i'm glad they take long to make their albums, otherwise i'd be too obsessed with them!
- 6. Killing In The Name by Rage Against The Machine
awesome politically charged rap metal! the best of it's kind,the innovators, the kings. there were actually no other good RM acts, but RATM showed how good it COULD be if it was done right.
- 5. Sad But True by Metallica
my personal favourite off the black album, this is the best song to sing along to! it's very metallica-ish, it reminds me of what they are trying to sound like now.....wierd....but it's true
- 4. Real Muthaphukkin G's by Eazy-E
what a comeback! pumping bass and f**king phat ass lyrics (all anti-dre and snoop) ,coming from gangsta rap's pioneer, Eazy-E! very evolved from his N.W.A. days, but i'm not saying it's his hey-day because Straight Outta Compton CAN NOT BE TOUCHED.
- 3. Blind by Korn
MEAN song, the first time i heard this easy - but effective riff,i thought to myself that the world had been saved.kurt cobain had died, i thought there was no hope,but these guys came and made me forget about what was shitty about the music scene after 5/4/94.
- 2. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
when you think 90's you think this song.
- 1. Would? by Alice In Chains
their most successful single behind 1993's No Excuses,this is a definite example of what was coming out of Seattle in those days.Good Music.
honourable mention : Stone Temple Pilots "Plush",Silverchair "Ana's Song",Smashing Pumpkins "Bullet With Butterfly Wings" Soundgarden "Black-Hole Sun",Nine Inch Nails "Hurt",Foo Fighters "Everlong",Ice Cube "It Was A Good Day",OutKast "Ain't No Thang"
- 10. Unpretty by TLC
"My outsides look cool, my insides are blue..."
- 9. Black Balloon by Goo Goo Dolls
Name, Iris, Naked, Broadway, Slide, Dizzy... they're all good, but this one takes the cake
- 8. 3 am by Matchbox 20
Terrific band, one of their first hits, Rob Thomas is amazing, has great songwriting skills and is so underrated!
- 7. Father of Mine by Everclear
One of my favorite bands!! Great song, even better than I WIll BUY YOU A NEW LIFE (another favorite of mine)
- 6. One Headlight by The Wallflowers
I had to listen to it twice to really grasp the lyrics... fantastic
- 5. Bitch by Meredith Brooks
One hit wonder, but a hell of a hit nonetheless.
- 4. You Oughta Know by Alanis
Amazing lyrics... you can practically see Alanis' anger and hurt pouring out...
- 3. Nuttin' But a G Thang by Dr. Dre and Snoop
What can I say? Best rap song ever
- 2. Smooth by Rob Thomas and Santana
Why isn't this song mentioned more? It EXPLODED in the late 90's... a unique combination of Santana's guitar solos and Rob's voice and lyrics... TIMELESS!
- 1. Smells like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Theme song of the 90's... need I say more?
Also good: Stan (song that got everyone's attention and respect as we start to reccognize Eminem's talent hidden behind his attitude), Crash Into Me by Dave Matthews, Don't Speak by No Doubt (GREAT LYRICS!!!), Dammit and Peggy Sue by Blink, any Notorious BIG song, I'm the Only One by Melissa Ethridge, My Own Worst Enemy by Lit, any Third Eye Blind song released in the 90's, and If I Am by Nine Days (released in 1999, GREAT LYRICS, GREAT MELODY!!)
- 10. Country Grammer by Nelly
- 9. Closer by Nine Inch Nails
- 8. I Will Always Love You by Whitney Housten
- 7. Ms. Jackson by Outkast
- 6. Black Hole Sun by Sound Garden
i love this song...
- 5. One Headlight by The Wallflowers
- 4. Hows it gonna be by Third Eye Blind
- 3. Bitter Sweet Symphony by The Verve
- 2. Heart-Shaped Box by Nirvana
Who doesnt love this song?
- 1. Angel Of Mine by Monica
I wish i could add more...hehe
- 10. Buddy Holly by Weezer
Why must geek rock be so annoyingly delicious?
- 9. Gouge Away by The Pixies
Okay, so we're one year short here. but I like them too much.
- 8. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Obviously, one of the most important songs ever.
- 7. Glycerine by Bush
Oh, bush, how I loathe you. you suck ass, then you write this, then you suck ass again.
- 6. Wonderwall by Oasis
You're lying if you say you haven't once sang along with this song. I only hope it was with guitar in hand, strawberry soda on your lips and under the stars.
- 5. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Tube socks, yum.
- 4. Hello Operator by The White Stripes
This opened doors for me. so innovative.
- 3. Losing My Religion by R.e.m
"...That's me in the corner; that's me in the spot.Light. losing my religionnnn." r.E.M rawks!
- 2. Karma Police by Radiohead
- 1. The Old Apartment by Barenaked Ladies
At a time when grunge rock and punk influence tainted everything you could smell, it felt like this was the band being daring. barenaked ladies and geek rock are the bestest.
Hey, shut up and go listen to barenaked ladies.
- 10. Breakfast At Tiffany's by Deep Blue Something
- 9. My Own Summer (Shove It) by Deftones
- 8. Brick by Ben Folds Five
- 7. Basketcase by Green Day
- 6. The Freshmen by The Verve
- 5. Creep by Stone Temple Pilots
- 4. Mr.Jones by Counting Crows
- 3. Glycerine by Bush
- 2. 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
- 1. Something In The Way by Nirvana
not in any real order..
By: Adam D
- 10. When I Come Around by Green Day
helped re-popularize punk rock in the 90s
- 9. Informer by Snow
super catchy and annoying song, a bar classic...no one knows what this guy was saying
- 8. No Rain by Blind Mellon
another huge hit of the 90s that got constant airplay, puts Blind Mellon down in history
- 7. I'll Make Love To You by Boyz II Men
best R&B group of the 90s, another great high school dance song of the 90s
- 6. This Is How We Do It by Montel Jordan
another great party song, reminds me of high school dances in the 90s
- 5. California Love by Tupac Shakur and Dr Dre
Party anthem of the mid 90s
- 4. More Than Words by Extreme
constant air play when it came out, a beautiful song
- 3. Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
a classic, will be enjoyed by generations
- 2. Aint Nothin But a G Thang by Dr Dre and Snoop Doggy Dogg
Turned millions of doubters into hip hop fans, brought the west coast sound to the radio and MTV
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
No doubt the Anthem for the 90s
By: Joshua Simms
- 10. Teardrop by Massive Attack
- 9. Nothing Compares to You by Sinead O'Connor
- 8. Last Goodbye by Jeff Buckley
- 7. Joga by Bjork
- 6. Red & Blue Jeans by The Promise Ring
- 5. 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
- 4. Karma Police by Radiohead
- 3. A Sunday by Jimmy Eat World
- 2. Whos Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses by U2
- 1. Murder of One by Counting Crows
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book