What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Creep by Radiohead
- 9. Adam's Song by Blink182
- 8. Kite by U2
- 7. Aeroplane by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 6. Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve
- 5. Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) by Green Day
Basically, this song became the theme song for every graduation, end-of-summer gathering and... anything heartbreaking.
- 4. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
...Dude, seriously, no one can make a top 10 of the 90's list without including this song. Nirvana totally KILLED 80s hair metal and gave us all a break from that crap. An entire generation was not moved so much as in the early 90's grunge movement. It was like all of North America came together, realized how crappy pop music had become, and united underneath a hard rockin' anthem to defeat conformity in the record industry. Needless to say, it didn't last...
- 3. Free Fallin' by Tom Petty in the Heartbreakers
When I hear this song, I think about driving in a beat-up cadillac through the California Desert. It's a powerful song.
- 2. Say it Ain't So by Weezer
Again, the emotion in this song is almost overwhelming... a breakthrough song for Weezer, the little band that broke through the early 90's grunge to deliver some delightful power-pop.
- 1. Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
That guitar bit at the beginning *sob*... it always brings me to tears!!! So much emotion *sniff*. (Besides, Anthony is v. hot in the video.) Probably my favourite band of all time, as well.
Sry bout the reviews 10-6, I hve no time left
- 10. What About Your Friends by TLC
This was the break out song for the girls! It was hot back in the day and it still is today! R.I.P ~Left Eye~ WE MISS U GIRL!
- 9. I Wanna Be Down by Brandy
From Brandy's 1st CD I wanna be down is the best song ever! She only grew as an artist and became more creative and vocally stronger! Big Ups Brandy!
- 8. Just A Girl by No Doubt
This song lyrically gave people (mostly men) the prespective of how women are treated and how we've grown and realize we're fully capable of handlin our own! Tell it like it is GWEN!!
- 7. My Boo by Ghost Town DJ's
This song is just one of my favorite of all times! It's a party song yet sends a strong message of love and affection! This song will always on my to 10 list of HOT JAMZ!
- 6. All I Need by Method Man Ft Mary J Blige
This song most definitely set new grounds for R&B and Hip Hop to connect. The vibe of this song is just great and Method did a good job spittin the flows as Mary did singin them! Y'all held it down!
- 5. Summer Time by Will Smith and Jazzy Jeff
This song is just a jam 4 the summer! Everyone to this day 2003 still plays this song in the summer! It's a feel good party song with a great beat and flow to boot!
- 4. Human Nature by Madonna
In 96 she came out with Human Nature sort of an R&B style which MaDonna wasn't used to but she some how managed to work it out! Human Nature explains how she's not anyones bitch so dont hang your shit on her!
- 3. I Love Your Smile by Shanice
This was an overall good up beat fun song to jam to. Came out in the early 90's and hasn't been thought of much after that but this still today is a good song to listen to if u wanna bring back some ol skool Memories!
- 2. Motown Philly by Boyz II Men
This is old old old makes me feel old just knowin I remember this song! LOL! It's a good song one of the Boyz' 1st song on their earlier albums. They could come out with a remake and let everybody know Motown Philly's Back again! That would be pimp!
- 1. No No No Remix ft Wyclef by Destiny's Child
This was off their 1st album which didn't get much recognition only went platnum, it wasn't until the writings on the wall debuted that the girls really took off. But this came out around 97 and spoke a message of how guys front when they know they really want it. And I was feelin the message so I loved the song!
- 10. I'll Be by Edwin McCain
- 9. Good by Better Than Ezra
- 8. Wonderwall by Oasis
- 7. Bats in the Belfry by Dispatch
- 6. Flagpole Sitta by Harvey Danger
- 5. Basketcase by Green Day
- 4. Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) by Green Day
- 3. All For You by Sister Hazel
- 2. Only Wanna Be With You by Hootie and the Blowfish
- 1. Mr. Jones by Counting Crows
- 10. Easy by Faith No More
Great Slow Song! Truly Amazing
- 9. Dawn Of A new day by In flames
Great In flames song!
- 8. Creep by Stone Temple Pilots
- 7. No Time To Cry by Cradle Of Filth
Very good one! great changes between clean and distorted!
- 6. Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
- 5. Sunburn by Muse
Mattew Bellamey (Hope I wrote it right) Is Very talented guy... listen to this
- 4. Sweet Child O' Mine/ November Rain by Guns N' Roses
Like them Both!! two of the best! Great solos!
- 3. Burn In Hell by Dimmu Borgir
- 2. Flesh And The Power It Holds by Death
The best Band ever!!! The creators of the Death genre! Great song, Great Album, Great band
- 1. Little Wing by Stevie Ray Vaughan
God!!! This guy is God!! This instrumental Version of Hendrix's Little Wing is a REAL masterpiece! It included on his last Album published 1991 so it counts 90 (-:
All must songs for all of you who love real music
- 10. The Sign by Ace of Base
- 9. Breathe Again by Toni Braxton
- 8. Save the Best for last by Vanessa Williams
- 7. Gangsters Paradise by Coolio
- 6. Shy Guy by Diana King
- 5. Set You Free by N Trance
- 4. Rush Rush by Paula Abdul
- 3. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
- 2. Dreaming Of You by Selena
- 1. November Rain by Guns N' Roses
- 10. Better Man by Pearl Jam
- 9. Machinehead by Bush
Hands down one of the coolest songs of the nineties
- 8. My Own Prison by Creed
the song that started it all for creed...prior to them selling out that is
- 7. What I Got by Sublime
Bradley had one of the best voices in music and sublime could have become better than they were...if only for the damn herroine
- 6. The Entire Metallica Symphony Orchestra Album by Metallica
- 5. Runaway Train by Soul Asylum
- 4. Cryin by Aerosmith
They continued to rock as one of the most legendary bands of all time. This song showed how unbelievable they were and still are
- 3. Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
should be easily in anyones top three
- 2. Far Behind by Candlebox
This is my favorite song of all time. Candlebox was one of the most underrated bands but far behind rocked all of 1994
- 1. November Rain by Guns-n-Roses
Everyone turned up the radio for all eighteen minutes of this song....you know you did.
i know there is no nirvana on here or Stone Temple Pilots or hanson. but some of these songs, especially far behind had been left off some of these top ten lists and i couldn't let that continue
- 10. Hurt by Nine Inch Nails
this is a great song. it was made even better by the late great johnny cash
- 9. Gone Away by The Offspring
great tune from the later half of the 90's
- 8. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
this is definitely one of their best songs.
- 7. November Rain by Guns And Roses
axl needs slash
- 6. Lost Together by Blue Rodeo
If you can only make out to one song, make it this one.
- 5. Bad As They Seem by Hayden
great canadian artist.
- 4. Street Spirit (fade Out) by Radiohead
- 3. Man In The Box by Alice In Chains
A powerful song by a powerful group.
- 2. Betterman by Pearl Jam
In my opinion, one of the greatest songs ever written.
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Easily the most important song of the 90's.
most of these songs are from the early nineties, but i think that was the best part of the decade (at least with respect to music).
By: I like the 80's better
- 10. New Pollution by Beck
- 9. Spiderwebs by No Doubt
- 8. Losing my Religion by REM
- 7. The Greatest thing by U2
- 6. Juicy by Notorious B.I.G
- 5. Changes by Tupac
- 4. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 3. One Week by Barenaked Ladies
Couldnt get this song outta my head for a while
- 2. Pretty Fly (For a white guy) by Offspring
A great 90's band
- 1. Wrong Way by Sublime
This song is horribly catchy
Hope u like that list, cuz some of u may not, but eh, i tried.
By: Noel Powell
- 10. Not An Addict by K's Choice
- 9. Dysentary Gary by Blink182
- 8. Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom by The Venga Boys
- 7. Lightning Crashes by Live
- 6. Fear by Sarah Mclachlan
- 5. The Freshman by The Verve Pipe
- 4. Don't Go Away by Oasis
- 3. Zombie by The Cranberries
- 2. #1 Crush by Garbage
- 1. Today by The Smashing Pumpkins
- 10. Bombtrack/bullet In The Head/calm Likeabomb by Rage Against The Machine
rage = the best band of all time, my list may suck to you, but to me, its dead on
- 9. Brainstew by Geenday
simple, yet great
- 8. Smells Like Teen Spirit/rape Me/lithium by Nirvana
one of the best bannds of all time
- 7. Underground Network/bring Out Your Dead by Anti-flag
two awesome anti-flag songs
- 6. The Beautiful People by Marilyn Manson
manson has many hits, but to me, this is the best one
- 5. Know Your Enemy by Rage Against The Machine
rage, the best band, i can't choose one rage song
- 4. 96 Quite Bitter Beings by Camp Kill Yourself
cky is an awesome band, and they are home town for me, living only 15 mins away in west chester, PA
- 3. Machinehead by Bush
a good solid bush song, whats not to like?
- 2. Schism by Tool
tool is the most talented band right now, their songs are technical, and entertaining, with their metal sound, and deep lyrics
- 1. Guerrilla Radio by Rage Against The Machine
tom morello is an awesome guitarist, it was hard to choose one rage song, but this sums of the whole band basically
rage, tool, anti-flag, cky are my favorite bands
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book