What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. I'm the Only One by Melissa Ethridge
- 9. Do You Sleep by Lisa Loeb
- 8. Let Her Cry by Hootie and the Blowfish
- 7. I Believe by Blessed Union of Souls
- 6. Foolish Games by Jewel
- 5. Brings Me Down by Collective Soul
- 4. The Freshmen by The Verve Pipe
- 3. Lightening Crashes by Live
- 2. A Long December by Counting Crows
- 1. Brick by Ben Folds Five
I'd like to put my opinion in here. I don't understand why people are putting various artists like N'sync, Ricky Martin and Lou Bega in their top 10 songs of the 90's. These artists are not talented and pretty much were a discrace to the 90's in general. If this list if going to be devoted to good music then why bother incorporating artists like them? The worst however that I have seen is mixing these artists in a list of actual good music. What is the point? Now I'm not trying to say that my list is better than anybody else's because that is just not the case. I did not take too long at making it and yes, there are better songs than these. But I feel that these are some of the songs that made the 90's amazing.
By: Awsan Teina
- 10. Common People by Pulp
How can i Forget Pulp!!!
- 9. Girls and Boys by Blur
Ideal for Threesomes, Foursomes............................................................
- 8. Return of the Mack by Mark Morrisson
when it first came out i couldn't stop listening to it.
- 7. Born Slippy by Underworld
A Mixture of Indie and Dance, Brilliant!
- 6. The Beautiful Ones by Suede
Great Guitar Opening!!
- 5. Stay Young by Oasis
You'll be on a high after hearing that one.
- 4. Animal Nitrate by Suede
One of the Best UK Bands of the Nineties.
- 3. Breed by Nirvana
Great Upbeat Rock anthem
- 2. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Legend Goes On
- 1. Champagne Supernova by Oasis
Oasis at their Peak, UNTOUCHABLE!!
OK, OK SO MOST OF IT IS MID-90'S AND BRITISH, BUT THAT WAS WHEN BRITISH MUSIC RULED THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 10. Creep by Radiohead
Amazing song of self loathing.
- 9. Polly by Nirvana
Most people don't understand the deeper meaning in the lyrics of this song. Based on an actual horrific event in which a girl was kidnapped, raped repeatedly, and tortured with a blowtorch Kurt Cobain shows the things from the aggresser's point of veiw...one of my favorite Nirvana songs of all time.
- 8. Possum Kingdom by The Toadies
For me this song is the essence of the 90's.
- 7. Tonight, Tonight by The Smashing Pumpkins
In my opinion, the greatest band of all times. This song is beautifully written, and comes with the most amazing music video that I have ever seen.
- 6. Good Riddance by Green Day
Best song I have ever heard come from a pop/punk band...period.
- 5. Jane Says by Jane's Addiction
This song got me addicted to this band.
- 4. Suicidal Dream by Silverchair
This song basically explains itself. I love this song because I can relate to it on a personal level.
- 3. Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
Wow...that's all I can even say about this song.
- 2. Frances Farmer Will Have her Revenge on Seattle by Nirvana
Not a big hit, really didn't even make a blip on the screen, but nevertheless this is my all time Favorite Nirvana song. About a West Seattle actress who was brutally raped, beaten, and eventually labotomized in a mental institution, this song is the most amazing song I have ever heard from the mouth of Kurt Cobain.
- 1. Muzzle by The Smashing Pumpkins
I can't even put into words how I feel about this song. It's amazing. Sang with so much emotion and with lyrics that almost evertone can relate to, this, in my opinion, is the greatest song that came out of the 90's.
Smells Like Teen Spirit is by far the most overrated song of the 90's. In my opinion that is the worst song Kurt Cobain ever wrote. In fact, I would have to say that I feel that way about most of the Nevermind album, with the exception of Polly, Lithium, and Drain You. Go listen to Bleach, then tell me that Smells Like Teen Spirit changed the world.
- 10. Dont Cry by Guns N Roses
Its a sad song but good one!
- 9. On A Sunday Afternoon by Lighter Shade Of Brown
Another tight summer song.
- 8. Twisted by Keith Sweat
This song reminds me of my first love shanell!
- 7. Badfish by Sublime
Its a very true song!
- 6. Crossroads by Bone Thugz N' Harmony
I love that song!
- 5. Summertime In The Lbc by Doveshack
Its a perfect summer song!
- 4. Take Me In Your Arms by Lil Suzy
- 3. Soul To Squeeze by Red Hot Chili Peppers
This song has the best guitars ive ever heard and the lyrics are tight!
- 2. When I Come Around by Green Day
This is their best song and one of my favorites!
- 1. Interestate Love Song by Stone Temple Pilots
This song always cheers me up!
Next too close would be 11
By: Jesse Ewing
- 10. Everlong by Foo Fighters
- 9. Say it ain't So by Weezer
- 8. Loser by Beck
- 7. No Leaf Clover by Metallica
- 6. Stinkfist by Tool
- 5. Santeria by Sublime
- 4. A.D.I.D.A.S. by Korn
- 3. Killing in the Name by Rage Against the Machine
ooh i get chills everytime...
- 2. Brain Stew by Green Day
this song just kicks ass
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
not my favorite nirvana song, but it definitely deserves this spot.
also Soul to Squeeze by the Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 10. Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
one of the most romantic songs that exists. "I'd give up forever to touch you" You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be" Beautiful.
- 9. Rooster by Alice In Chains
- 8. Lightning Crashes by Live
God I love this song!
- 7. Song #2 by Blur
Nothing gets my adrenaline pumping like this alternative british rock anthem.
- 6. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
great voice, great lyrics, great song!
- 5. All Apologies by Nirvana
Nirvana is one of the greatest bands. Songs like this show some incredibly peotic lyrics, a great melody with an awesome dark undertone.
- 4. Interstate Love Song by Stone Temple Pilots
Hell, I don't know what it is I love about this song, but I never tire of listening to it
- 3. Good Riddance by Green Day
Green Day's greatest acomplisment as a band, and one of the best goodbye songs ever written
- 2. Glycerine by Bush
Sad, beautiful, and true
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
This one's pretty obvious. No song before this has shown this kind of gutsy irreverance and animosity. This is why many said that Kurt Cobain was the spokesman for our generation. Brilliance at it's darkest.
There were two awesome rock revolutions. The timeless rock of the late sixties, early seventies, and the neopunk grunge that captured the early nineties. Rock has never been as deep or cool sense.
- 10. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
- 9. Cailfornication by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 8. Everybody Hurts by REM
- 7. My Ruca by Sublime
- 6. No Rain by Blind Melon
- 5. Nothing Else Matters by Mettalica
- 4. Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 3. Loosing my Religion by REM
- 2. November Rain by Guns and Roses
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirt by Nirvana
- 10. Gypsie Woman by Crystal Waters
- 9. Friends in Low Places by Garth Brooks
- 8. Groove is in the Heart by Dee-Lite
- 7. I Aways Love You by Whitney Houston
- 6. Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton
- 5. Gangstas' Paradise by Coolio
- 4. Losing My Religon by REM
- 3. The Sign by Ace of Base
- 2. Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
- 1. Baby got Back by Sir Mix-A-Lot
Ohhh yeah music rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Peace out dudes! Play safe and have fun!!!! Chow
- 10. Faget by Korn
Kull f**king song
- 9. Still Stabbin' by Icp
makEz me all TwiTChy
- 8. Here To Stay by Korn
they did it aGain
- 7. Hom-sha-bom by Twiztid
madroX And moNoXide Did aGain Not as good as mutant x
- 6. B.b.k by Korn
First Korn song i ever heard and loved it
- 5. Slim Anus by Icp W/twiztid
.........i.hate.that...white ....co.c.ksuker ..M&m
- 4. F**k The World by Icp
Tells AbOut MY Life
- 3. People=shit by Slipknot
True very true
- 2. Halls Of Illusions by Icp
favorite iCp song evEr
- 1. Mutant X by Twiztid
What does It TAke 2 mutate into a freekshow twiztiD SeriAl killin JuggAlo?
I only like these four bands they are as followed:Insane Clown Posse,KoRn,Twiztid,and Slipknot
- 10. Wannabe by Spice Girls
yeah, yeah -- we all hate it now, but without it record producers wouldn't have forced the pop phenomenon as hard as they have.
- 9. Everything Zen by Bush
The first 'alternative' single that proved even alternative music would become derivative.
- 8. Macarena by Those Dudes
Terribly infetious -- For a few months the entire world seemed fixated on a dance that no one seems to be able to forget.
- 7. Mo Money Mo Problems by Notorious BIG featuring P - Diddy
And Rap officially went pop.
- 6. My Name Is by Eminem
And rap official became offensive...again...
- 5. Fake Plastic Trees by Radiohead
Travis and Coldplay do not have careers without this song.
- 4. Long View by Green Day
Blink 182 and SUM 41 can begin thanking them any day now.
- 3. Closer by Nine Inch Nails
Without NIN -- Linkin Park, Limp Biskit, POD, Marilin Manson and Evanescence would exist
- 2. Ain't Nothing But a G Thang by Dre and Snoop
and white kids listened to rap
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
come on...it has to be
This list compiles the most important singles.....NOT MY FAVORITES!!!!
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book