What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Polly by Nirvana
again a great piece of work by Kurt Cobain and the Boys
- 9. Rollercoaster by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
- 8. Everybody Hurts by REM
depressing i know but a work of a genious
- 7. You F*cking Wh*re by Anthrax
dont mean any disraspect to the ladies but this song made so much sence to me since alot of good material was getting cencored in the early 90's
- 6. November rain by Guns n' Roses
Guns have made better songs but this is possible the best they've made in the 90's
- 5. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
what a band!!!!!!
- 4. Ugly Kid Joe by Everything About You
Brings back the good times
- 3. Whats Up? by 4 Non Blondes
good song for the genaration
- 2. Creep by Stone temple Pilots
cheers me up when i'm down knowing that at least somebody is more depressed than me
- 1. Penny Royal Tea by Nirvana
buatifully made, buetifully performed
i must be getting old but i think music is gotten really bad since the early 90's
- 10. Ray of Light by Madonna
You got to hand it to Madge, she's still a great performer. I love this track.
- 9. What's the story (morning glory) by Oasis
About the only song I like from Oasis.
- 8. Song 2 by Blur
How could anyone not like this?
- 7. N.W.O. by Ministry
This rocked dancefloors at Nottingham Rock City and The Complex at Leicester.
- 6. Prophecy by Front Line Assembly
- 5. Division of Mind by Front Line Assembly
Fast, upbeat track from Leeb and Fulber.
- 4. Ruiner by Nine Inch Nails
Great track from The Downward Spiral. The whole album is great but this is my fave.
- 3. Violet's Dance by Collide
A duo that should be recognised more for their talent.
- 2. Sad But True by Metallica
Moody, mean. Great riffs. Nice. Excellent. Marvelous.
- 1. Final Impact by Front Line Assembly
One of the coolest tracks FLA have ever done from '92
Yeah, I got more songs I could mention. But this lot stands out at the moment.
By: Chris Campbell
- 10. Maria by Blondie
An excellent comeback single from 80's legends Blondie. MMMM Debbie Harry :D
- 9. 3am Eternal by KLF
A bit of class from the grandaddy's of Dance music.
- 8. Beetlebum by Blur
Blur's best stuff to date, not sure what its about but it sounds great :D
- 7. Lithium by Nirvana
Nirvana were so good, this is one of their highlights.
- 6. Oasis by Live Forever
Oasis at their very best, very beatlesque this one.
- 5. Dont Speak by No Doubt
Amazing ballad, from these American Rockers. A breath of fresh air when they released it.
- 4. Nancy Boy by Placebo
Nice little rock number from the Mid 90's, spent many a friday jumping round like an idiot to this song.
- 3. Girl From Mars by Ash
Funny lyrics and catchy, very good song indeed
- 2. Street Spirit by Radiohead
Possibly the saddest sounding song ever.
- 1. Trash by Suede
Class song, nice guitar rifts and thought provoking.
You'll notice my list is heavily towards the middle and early 90's. That is simply beacuse the late nighties just churned out bubble gum pop.
By: Ian Walker
- 10. R.E.M by lousing my religion
very good and will always get played
- 9. Basket Case by Greenday
excellent, Greendays best
- 8. Eric Clapton by layla
- 7. Nirvana by Polly
The song is not disliked by anyone
- 6. Road Trippin' by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Easy listening and meaningful
- 5. My name is by Eminem
This is the song that made him, its deadly
- 4. Changes by 2pac
The truth is spoken
- 3. Born Slippy by Underworld
Its just savage
- 2. Mauro Picotto by Komodo
The song is just kickin'
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Its a legend and will be played for ever.
Id just like to add that although I'm no longer into grunge music, it is without doubt that Nirvana are the singlae most influential and talented band of the nineties,*Kurt Cobain lEGEND LIVES8
- 10. liquid dreams by o town
- 9. faith by limp bizkit
i love the song faith...and i love limp bizkit
- 8. Butterfly by Crazytowne
this song kiks ass
- 7. IT WASNT ME by SHAGGY
all i can say bout this is...IT WASNT ME
- 6. Angel of mine by monica
Thats my song to my baby!! I love you jt
- 5. Wrap Sumden by nelly
- 4. sorry miss jackson by outkast
what can i say...i love the song
- 3. With Arms Wide Open by Creed
I love the band and their music
- 2. 2pac by Life Goes On
It has sooooo much meaning to me
- 1. nirvana by smells like teen spirt
By: Peter Boekelheide
- 10. Backstreets Back by Backstreet Boys
Every big boy band was influenced by this song. Brought about the boy band hysteria.
- 9. My Name Is? by Eminem
Made rap more mainstream accessible.
- 8. Beautiful People by Marylin Manson
Marylin Manson, however abhorrant, brought shock-rock back into play, and led to the media frenzy over violence caused by music.
- 7. Pardon Me by Incubus
Incubus-esque music will be the big deal throughout 2001-2006.
- 6. Loser by Beck
I should have put this higher on my list, led to a huge change in the face of music, bands such as Sublime got a lot of their influence from Beck
- 5. Dammit by Blink 182
Blink helped bring crappy punk rock into the forefront, led bands such as MxPx and Fenix Tx to gaining fame.
- 4. Give It Away by Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Chili Peppers and Rage started the Rap/Rock craze.
- 3. Know Your Enemy by Rage Against the Machine
- 2. Even Flow by Pearl Jam
Another big deal, Pearl Jam basically brought about modern alternative rock.
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
It only completly changed the face of music.
This is more important songs than my favorite songs. If it were my favorites, there would be more good stuff.
By: Marshall Monkeydump
- 10. I Wish by Ski Lo
Ski Lo wishes he had another hit
- 9. How Bizzare by OMC
The song's title says it all - Summer 1997
- 8. Step By Step by New Kids on the Block
speaking of... Step 1, we can have lots of fun. Step 2, there's so much we can do. Step 3, its just you and me. Step 4, I can give you more. Step 5, don't you know that the time is right? No. - Summer 1990
- 7. SummerGirls by LFO
New Kids on the Block had a lot of Hits - Summer 1999
- 6. Jump by Kris Kross
They released this smash, then they "missed the bus" with their follow-up single - Spring 1992
- 5. The Humpty Dance by Digital Underground
I once go busy in a British Knights bathroom. Oops, thats the "other" BK - Summer 1990
- 4. Regulate by Warren G and Nate Dogg
I've got a car full of girls and its going real swell. Next stop is the Eastside Motel - Summer 1994
- 3. Live and Learn by Joe Public
Joe Public lived and learned a lot in their 3 months of fame - Spring 1992
- 2. Rico Suave by Gerardo
He's rich and smooth, what more can you say? - Spring 1991
- 1. The Dance by Clint Brooks
Two words: Lookin' Back - 1990
Yes, my only regret is that Phil Collins did not have any more hits in the 90s. Thank You, Marshall.
- 10. We havent turned around by Gomez
Nice hazy song.
- 9. Time of your Life by Green Day
I have failed to understand how a punk rock band can produce such a song.
- 8. Jumper by Third Eye Blind
The middle part compares to "My friend of misery". A immediately likeable great song.
- 7. Reckoning Day by Megadeth
Need to listen to the whole album "Youthanasia" about 20 times to enjoy this one song... but it will be worth the effort.
- 6. My friend of Misery by Metallica
I feel betrayed because what they do (napster etc) is different from what they sing,so I resent the fact they have produced such a beautiful song...
- 5. Lithium by Nirvana
- 4. Full Circle by Aerosmith
Again, not a "as much as it should be acclaimed" song
- 3. Smile by Pearl Jam
Great song, not as popular as their more popular songs, which is sad.
- 2. Estranged by GNR
Nothing I say can explain the greatness of this song... except what I just said.
- 1. Perfect by Smashing Pumpkins
Need to listen to it about 10 times before it sinks in. Then it will take 2 years for it to sink out.
- 10. going back to cali by notorious b.i.g.
- 9. i got 5 on it (remix) by luniz
- 8. god bless the dead by tupak
- 7. 1979 by smashing pumpkins
- 6. back in the day by ahmed
- 5. tha crossroad by bone thugs and harmony
- 4. hot boys and girls by master p
- 3. ditty by paperboy
- 2. u don't know me by kid rock
- 1. summertime in the lbc by the dove shack
these just didn't make the list special mention: before you walk out of my life, by monica jump around, by house of pain ruff ryders anthem, by dmx feel me flow, by naughty by nature gimme that nutt, by eazy e
- 10. Back in the Day by Ahmed
- 9. I Got 5 on it (Remix) by Luniz
- 8. Slam by ONYX
- 7. God Bless the Dead by Tupak
- 6. 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
- 5. Hot Boys and Girls by Master P
- 4. Tha Crossroad by Bone Thugs and Harmony
- 3. Ditty by Paperboy
- 2. U Don't Know Me by Kid Rock
- 1. Summertime in the LBC by The Dove Shack
Special Mention: Ruff Ryders Anthem, by DMX Going Back to Cali, by Notorious B.I.G. Before You Walk out of my Life, by Monica Jump Around, by House of Pain Feel me Flow, by Naughty by Nature Gimme That Nut, by Eazy-E
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book