What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
By: Adam F
- 10. Whatever0 by Oasis0
- 9. I See Monsters by Ryan Adams
I See Monsterscom
- 8. Wonderwall by Oasis
- 7. Stay by Lisa Loeb
- 6. Every You Every Me by Placebo
Every You Every Mecom
- 5. Slide by Googoo Dolls
- 4. Acquiese by Oasis
- 3. Sweet Child O Mine by Guns N Roses
Sweet Child O Minecom
- 2. One by U2
- 1. Whatever by Oasis
For anyone who likes any of the above download the rest and you won't regret it
By: Ken Fone
- 10. Enter Sandman by Metallica
- 9. Dont Speak by No Doubt
- 8. You Were Meant For Me by Jewel
- 7. Dreaming Tree by Dave Matthews Band
- 6. More Than Words by Extreme
- 5. Jump by Kris Kross
- 4. Tears In Heaven by Eric Clapton
- 3. I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston
- 2. Come Down by Bush
- 1. Two Step by Dave Matthews Band
- 10. Say It Ain't So by Weezer
- 9. Flagpole Sitta by Harvey Danger
- 8. All I Wanna Do by Sheryl Crow
it's a classic
- 7. Bad Habit by Offspring
back when they were good
- 6. Don't Look Back In Anger by Oasis
- 5. Paranoid Android by Radiohead
- 4. Doll Parts by Hole
i don't care what anyone says, i still admire courtney
- 3. Down In A Hole by Alice In Chains
don't forget layne.
- 2. About A Girl by Nirvana
- 1. Today by Smashing Pumpkins
Billy Corgan's god. just accept it.
so much great music came out of the nineties; hard to narrow it down.
By: Matt G
- 10. Ms Jackson by Outcast
- 9. Champagne Supernova by Oasis
last song on the best album of the 90's by the best band of the 90's
- 8. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 7. Live Forever by Oasis
much more oasis to come
- 6. Yellow by Coldplay
was this in the 90s?
- 5. Why Does It Always Rain On Me by Travis
- 4. Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve
- 3. Dont Look Back In Anger by Oasis
close to perfection, great chorus
- 2. Dont Speak by No Doubt
- 1. Wonderwall by Oasis
- 10. Bulls On Parade by Rage Against The Machine
Oh yeah :) Very nice.
- 9. In Bloom by Nirvana
I know everyone usually mentions Teen Spirit...
- 8. Lump by Presidents Of The United States Of America
I completely forgot about this band up until a few months ago. They really rock a lot more than I remember.
- 7. Zero by Smashing Pumpkins
Quite a heavy tune. I found the vocals a tad bit annoying at first. It's grown on my over the past 8 years.
- 6. Song 2 by Blur
Whoooo hooo... need I say more?
- 5. Dr. Greenthumb by Cypress Hill
I liked this song when I first heard it. Like it even more now.
- 4. The Distance by Cake
So their singer isn't the greatest. The whole album is good though, very groovy.
- 3. Mouth For War by Pantera
Maybe a little too heavy to be on the list
- 2. 46 And 2 by Tool
I notice people overlooked Tool. One of the most talented bands out there.
- 1. Song For The Dumped by Ben Folds Five
Great song, not many 90's rock tunes with heavy piano.
- 10. Zombie by The Cranberries
- 9. Wonderwall by Oasis
- 8. Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve
- 7. Mmmmmm by Crash Test Dummies
- 6. Kiss the Rain by Billy Myers
- 5. Hero by Mariah Carey
- 4. The Sign by Ace of Base
- 3. Love Me by The Cardigans
- 2. Roll To Me by Del Amitri
- 1. Crash by Dave Matthews Band
- 10. Every song on "Under the Tabel and Dreaming" by Dave Matthews Band
Its hard to find a bad song by Dave!
- 9. Why is Everybody Picking on Me? by Blood Hood Gang
Its hard to resist such a silly song!
- 8. My Name Is by Eminem
If you think this is out of place then you need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture
- 7. Hey Man Nice Shot by Filter
Just a great song.
- 6. Beautiful People by Marilyn Manson
In the tradition of David Bowie, Marilyn Manson came to the stage, looking as if Halloween was just passed as an everyday Holiday to some people, with costumes and theatrics. And the music to match their larger than life performances Marilyn Manson became the voice of a generation that was searching for theirs.
- 5. Shoots & Ladders by Korn
And now for something completely different...That must have been the sign of the times for 90's music. Korn, using dark cords, lyrics, and yes bagpipes. Everyone must have felt the earth shift once they first heard Korn, because times they were changing.
- 4. Aenama by Tool
Words escape me when I think of this song. But I will say "One great big festering neon distraction, I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim. Mom's gonna fix it all soon. Mom's comin' round to put it back the way it ought to be. Learn to swim."
- 3. Down by 311
Possibly my favorite 311 song.
- 2. All Apologies by Nirvana "MTV Unpluged"
This song just exsudes emotion. "Marry, Bury" Lifes eventualities, and the responsibility we take for all the worlds problems.
- 1. What I Got by Sublime
I just can't say enough about this song. Makes you happy, but then you think about the tragic death of vocalist Bradley Nowell and you are moved in another direction. The song speaks volumes as do all of Sublime's songs.
The 90's were more diverce music wise then any other era. So many enovations and intergration of music generas Rap-Rock, Grunge, Alternative, Grunge-core, and so many more generas were born.
By: Kris Myers
- 10. Ill Be by Edwin Mcain
- 9. Black Baloon by Goo Goo Dolls
- 8. Guilty Concience by Eminem
- 7. Fatih by Limp Bizket
- 6. Dont Wanna Miss A Thing by Aerosmith
- 5. Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls
- 4. Forgot About Dre by Dr Dre Feat. Eminem
- 3. My Name Is by Eminem
- 2. Get A Job by The Offspring
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 10. Self Esteem by Offspring
- 9. Champagne Supernova by Oasis
Who knew that such assholes could make such great music
- 8. Zombie by The Cranberries
Another Great Band of the 1990s
- 7. High And Dry by Radiohead
- 6. Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam
Shows their true talent
- 5. Heart Shape Box by Nirvana
Just a great song
- 4. What Would You Do by Dave Matthews Band
This CD brought The Dave Matthews Band into our lives
- 3. Semi-charmed Life by Third Eye Blind
A fun song about depressing stuff
- 2. Push by Matchbox 20
This whole album was a classic of the 1990s
- 1. I Alone by Live
One of the best bands of the 1990s, and still going
- 10. Crash by Dave Matthews Band
Sexual song, relaxing, I feel like if I were flying... :)
- 9. Don't Speak by No Doubt
Their greatest, in my opinion..
- 8. If by Janet Jackson
Very cool, nice sounds and very catchy, although I can barely understand what she says.
- 7. Smooth by Santana
Makes you want to move...definitely
- 6. That's The Way Love Goes by Janet Jackson
Great, sexy song, relaxing in a way. Makes me want to forget everything...
- 5. Nothing Compares To You by Sinead Oconnor
This is from very early 90's but felt like including it. Great song, her voice sounds amazing, really gets you.
- 4. Take A Bow by Madonna
Lovely song. Somewhat sad but touching...her best balad
- 3. Bitter Street Symphony by The Verve
I don't know bu this song relaxes me...
- 2. Ironic by Alanis Morissette
Very creative, different, can calm you when you are in a bad mood.
- 1. Ray Of Light by Madonna
fast, modern, nostalgic. I feel like this song can relate to every person somehow, is a great uplifting song (at least for me). The sounds are great and her voice sounds awesome.
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book