What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Crash into Me by Dave Matthews Band
could appeal to everyone and it is beautifully written
- 9. Warehouse by Dave Matthews Band
awesome guitar riff, awesome song live.
- 8. California Love by 2pac
the only rap song i really love. its a great party song and its about california and i love california haha
- 7. The Boxer by Carbonleaf
cool irish sound. good as a drinking song, puts u in a good mood, this song reminds me of jethro tull a little
- 6. Clocks by Coldplay
it's a really cool riff
- 5. Mysterious Ways by U2
- 4. What Would You Say by Dave Matthews Band
the main guitar riff is so catchy and creative, its nice to see a song with a guitar part more creative than 4 repeating chords. The jam part is awesome too.
- 3. Lithium by Nirvana
since everyone is picking smells like teen spirit, i thought id pick lithium which is not as popular but just as good.
- 2. Fake Plastic Trees by Radiohead
a peaceful and fantastic song
- 1. Ants Marching by Dave Matthews Band
not even my favorite song by Dave, but it had the pop music quality to appeal to everyone
im sure im leaving off like 30 songs. but this is what came to mind. and if it was really the top 10 songs of the 90's, there would be like 8 dave matthews songs on here but since not everyone likes him, i limited it to 4.
By: Jasmine Cherry
- 10. All Mixed Up by 311
311 is my faveeee..from chaos is such a good cd to "chill" to
- 9. Basketcase by Green Day
Green Day rules
- 8. Mr Jones by Counting Crows
such agood song
- 7. No Rain by Blind Melon
i can listen to this song over n over remember the video with the little girl dressed as a bumble bee
- 6. Take Me Home Tonight by Eddie Money
i saw eddie money at harborfest
- 5. 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
this song is awesome no doubt
- 4. Roll Another Joint by Tom Petty
lets gettt to the point lets rolll another joinnt
- 3. Head Like A Hole by Nine Inch Nails
i used to not like NIN but now i do
- 2. Nirvana by Teen Spirit
rock out mann
- 1. Escapade by Janet Jackson
reminds me of me in elementary school
By: Victoria Matveeva
- 10. Song 2 by Blur
- 9. Everlong by Foo Fighters
- 8. Bitter Sweet Symphony by The Verve
- 7. Frozen by Madonna
- 6. Live Forever by Oasis
- 5. Don't Speak by No Doubt
- 4. I'm Only Happy When It Rains by Garbage
- 3. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 2. Losing My Religion by R.E.M.
- 1. Leave by R.E.M.
- 10. Rhythm Is A Dancer by Snap
You can feel it in the air
- 9. Everybody's Free (dreamland) by Rozalla
- 8. Baby Baby by Corona
Chills...Running down my spine:p
- 7. Rhythm Of The Night by Corona
- 6. Painted On My Heart by The Cult
Etched upon my soul
- 5. Everybody Hurts by Rem
- 4. November Rain by Guns'n'roses
- 3. Another Night Another Dream by La Bouche
But always you
- 2. Set You Free by N-trance
- 1. Everybody by Dj Bobo
Everybody move your feet!!!
90's dance is the best ever
- 10. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Had to end out with the biggest band and their biggest hit. Love the Seattle sound!!!
- 9. Nice Guys Finish Last by Green Day
Funny yet true song.
- 8. Smashing Pumpkins by Bullet and Butterfly Wings
Nice song with catchy lyrics.
- 7. Marcey's Playground by Sex and Candy
Was a big hit and it sounded cool.
- 6. Runaway Train by Soul Asylum
Awesome song from a one hit wonder band. Many teens could identify with this song.
- 5. Come as You are by Nirvana
A work of Lyrical genius.
- 4. Better Man by Pearl Jam
A good song from a good band.
- 3. Good Riddence (Time of Your Life) by Green Day
An awesome punk band that can make a soft sensetive hit with a clear message.
- 2. Oaisis by Wonderwall
Insperational song that has been covered a million times.
- 1. All Apologies by Nirvana
Most influential band of all time and the best song they ever recorded.
By: Sara Miller
- 10. I Will Always Love U by Whitney Huston
the best song she has a awsome voice
- 9. Creep by Tlc
- 8. Aaliyah by If Ur Gurl Only Knew
i miss u
- 7. Waterfalls by Tlc
Much love left eye
- 6. No Changes by Tupac
- 5. Gansta Paridise by Coolio
- 4. Genie In A Bottle by Christina Aguleria
- 3. Hit Me Baby One More Time by Britney Spears
- 2. Dont Want U Back by Backsteetboys
- 1. I Wanna Be Down by Bandy
- 10. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
Pearl Jam has remained after the fall of good music and the rise of corporate imaging. This song is illustrates the raw talent and emotion that Pearl Jam possesses and fans have come to adore.
- 9. Hit me baby (one more time) by Britney Spears
I really really hate to have this on here, but in all objective honesty, this song paved the way for all of the consecutive teen popstars that followed after britney, damn it all.
- 8. Juicy by Notorious B.I.G.
One of the greatest rap songs by one of the greatest rappers, you can dance to this song and you can just sit back and enjoy it for all of its worth.
- 7. Heart-Shaped Box by Nirvana
This song demostrates everything that Nirvana was about: pure angst feelings of surging depression. The song starts low and melodic than erupting with powerful emotion like a person struggling to pent up their anger than periodically venting those feelings in a glorious presentation.
- 6. Gangsta Party by Tupac feat. Snoop
Arguably the two best rappers ever collaborate to create a rap song just short of perfection.
- 5. Plush by Stone Temple Pilots
These guys just rocked and this was their best song. I realize I have a lot of grunge rock on here, but grunge was the only respectable form of music during the 90's before it was unholied by the Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit crap that disrespects everything rock music stands for.
- 4. Stinkfist by Tool
An incredible song establishing Tool as the best, non-mainstream rock band during the 90's. This seemingly dark song about fingering a girl delivers as much energy as anything.
- 3. Paranoid Android by Radiohead
This song showed the world that Radiohead was evolving into a legendary band. Radiohead will always be revered with the same respect as Pink Floyd and this song was their most important of the 90's.
- 2. Alive by Pearl Jam
If Nirvana was the most influential, then Pearl Jam was definitely the second most. The guitar solo in this song rivals the Stones and Zepplin. Pearl Jam would have been huge even outside of the grunge era.
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
This song undeniably is the best song of the 90's if not also the 80's. Its impact on rock culture is only rivaled by the incredibly songwriting that went into it. Kurt Cobain was a modern-day Dylan in his song writing abilities and he has one of the most awesomely rock n roll voices; he was the last true rock n roll star. This band will remain legendary for generations and will be glorified as more than a "Seattle grunge" band.
In all honesty, when speaking of rock music, the Seattle Grunge movement was the best thing to hit the 90's. It blew away that materialistic hair-band era and brought forth true passion in music. Of course that's all been lost again and we are back into an even worse era of materialistic untalented artists getting rich off of unskillful music.
- 10. Tainted Love by Marlyn Manson
He done a good job of this song
- 9. My Imortal by Evanesance
Sad but true
- 8. Eat U Alive by Limp Bisket
Jst wana get up and jump around
- 7. Heart Shape Box by Nirvana
1 of cobains best songs..
- 6. Mono by Courtney Love
- 5. Numb by Linken Park
- 4. Buried Alive By Love by Him
The gothics love metal album....One 2 have
- 3. Hunger by The Distillers
Starts off slow then brody screams her head off......
- 2. Metallica by Fade To Black
The guitars on this track and the way its put 2geather jst rocks
- 1. Thoughtless by Korn
Its jst says so much if you listen to the lyrics
- 10. Thunderstruck by AC/DC
- 9. Don't Cry (original) by Guns n Roses
- 8. Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
- 7. Welcome to the Jungle by Guns n Roses
- 6. Sweet Child O Mine by Guns n Roses
- 5. One by Metallica
- 4. Knockin on Heaven's Door by Guns n Roses
- 3. Sad But True by Metallica
- 2. Enter Sandman by Metallica
- 1. Paradise City by Guns n Roses
By: Aaron Wilson
- 10. Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck. by Prong
Still love it.
- 9. Outshined by Soundgarden
- 8. Today by Smashing Pumpkins
- 7. Sober by Tool
- 6. Rape Me by Nirvana
- 5. What I Got by Sublime
- 4. Blind by Korn
- 3. Scar Tissue by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 2. Creep by Radiohead
- 1. Killing In The Name. by Rage Against The Machine
Please get back together.
Honorable Mentions: "Enter Sandman"-Metallica; "Yellow Leadbetter"-Pearl Jam; "Possum Knigdom"-Toadies; "American Music"-Violent Femmes; "Would"-Alice in Chains.
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book