What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
By: Donald Lind
- 10. Inside Out by Eve 6
I was hooked from the first chord.
- 9. Until it Sleeps by Metallica
Something about this one hooks me; it's gripping in the strangest way.
- 8. Closer by Nine Inch Nails
One freaky video...one funky song.
- 7. No More Tears by Ozzy Osbourne
Ozzy actually seemed to put out BETTER music in the '90s than in the '80s. I love everything about this, including the video.
- 6. Good Riddance (The Time of Your Life) by Green Day
No matter how hard I try, the song always gets to my soft spot.
- 5. Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Everything about this...the lyrics, the tempo, the beat...just perfect.
- 4. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
Oh yeah, the video is THE definition of creepy, yet captivating.
- 3. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
I always find myself rocking out to this one.
- 2. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
Love the fun, yet haunting tone of it.
- 1. Enter Sandman by Metallica
Easily one of their most recognizable riffs and a great anthem. One of my favorite songs of all time.
- 10. Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve
- 9. Rancid Time Bomb by Rancid
- 8. Californication by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 7. Superman by Goldfinger
What shoud I say? It's great
- 6. Dammit by Blink 182
It's still one of my favourites songs
- 5. Losing My Religion by Rem
It's very cool
- 4. Angels by Robbie Williams
I don't really like Robbie Williams, but this song is great
- 3. Basket Case by Green Day
It's a so cheerful song.
- 2. Wonderwall by Oasis
a really great song
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Nirvana was the greatest band in the world
By: Lindsey Boggess
- 10. Criminal by Fiona Apple
- 9. Deep Blue Something by Breakfast at Tiffany's
- 8. Fugees by Killing Me Softly
- 7. Flagpole Sitta by Harvey Danger
- 6. Ana's Song by Silverchair
- 5. Freshmen by The Verve Pipe
- 4. Wonderwall by Oasis
- 3. Closing Time by Semisonic
- 2. Inside Out by Eve 6
- 1. Shimmer by Fuel
e-mail me sometime if you want to talk music. email@example.com if you have instant messenger, my screenname is ooobounce14ooo
By: Trip Mcneily
- 10. Scatman by Scatman John
- 9. Teenage Dirtbag by Wheatus
- 8. Semi Charmed Life by 3EB
- 7. Ruff Ryders Anthem by DMX
- 6. Nookie by Limp Bizkit
- 5. Verve Pipe by Freshman
- 4. Sex and Candy by Marcy Playground
- 3. One Sided Headlight by Wallflowers
- 2. Knock on Wood by Mighty Mighty Bostones
- 1. Brick by Ben Folds Five
this isnt a real good list. it is just a few songs i liked in the 90s. im sure i missed a millions songs. cause there was so many good songs. i need a day to think about this list.
- 10. Blur by Song2
- 9. She by Green Day
- 8. Hey Jealousy by Gin Blossoms
- 7. Wonderwall by Oasis
- 6. Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chilipeppers
- 5. Mary Jane's Last Dance by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
- 4. Black Hole Sun by SoundGarden
- 3. Ants Marching by Dave Matthews Band
- 2. Black by Pearl Jam
- 1. The Unforgiven by Metallica
- 10. Surrender by Soundlovers
- 9. The Rhythm Of The Night by Corona
- 8. Everything I Do by Bryan Adams
- 7. Losing My Religion by Rem
- 6. I Promised Myself by Nick Kamen
- 5. Infinity by Guru Josh
- 4. Elisir by Gigi D`agostino
- 3. Ironic by Alanis Morissette
- 2. I'm Only Happy When It Rains by Garbage
- 1. Rhythm Is A Dancer by Snap
By: Stephanie Perkins
- 10. Yoko Ono by Barenaked Ladies
And Barenaked Ladies.
- 9. Summertime by Sublime
One of my favourite summer songs
- 8. Song 2 by Blur
Even though I never knew its title until later...
- 7. Mysterious Ways by U2
Still strong in the early 90's...
- 6. You Oughta Know by Alanis Morrisette
YES. A break-up anthem if ever there was one.
- 5. Closing Time by Semisonic
- 4. You Get What You Give by New Radicals
Great lyrics, good message.
- 3. 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
Still my favourite Pumpkins song.
- 2. Creep by Radiohead
Radiohead. Creep. I don't need to say more.
- 1. Special by Garbage
Still one of my favorites. It's one of my few good memories of school.
[The theme from Pete and Pete recieves honourable mention. ^_^]
- 10. Jane Says by Janes Addiction
Perry Farrel can wail
- 9. Hey Jealousy by Gin Blossoms
Together we can drive around this town and let the cops chase us around
- 8. Hurt by Nine Inch Nails
This song f**king rocks
- 7. Anna's Song by Sliverchair
The kinds were what 13 or 15 when Frog Stomp came out? So what if they mimiced Nirvana. Anyone who had that sound mimiced them for some reason. As did Pearl Jam in everyones little minds... NEWS FLASH! Mother Love Bone was signed first! Nirvana would have been the Clones!
- 6. Mr. Jones by Counting Crows
They are a great band. They sound good both live and in the studio. Electric as well as accoustic.
- 5. Paranoid Android by Radiohead
Radiohead is the best band in the world. They perfected Rock. Then said f**k off and did something else and were even better.
- 4. No Rain by Blind Melon
Shannon and Company knew what they were doing.
- 3. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Its a touching song. You have to love it.
- 2. November Rain by Guns N' Roses
Axl can hit notes that were not ment to be hit by mankind.
- 1. Hail Hail by Pearl Jam
I listened to No Code for 3 straight weeks. Everytime this song came on i screamed AH f**k YEAH!
Nirvana was good yes. I liked them. But you people make Kurt Cobain out to be a god. Which is why he shot himself in the first place. Smells Like Teen spirt was probally one of their worst songs. What it did for music was cool yeah. But labels had already begun snatching up bands that had that sound.
- 10. Even Flow by Pearl Jam
- 9. Closer by Nine Inch Nails
Hehe, i always use this song as beat to remix other songs
- 8. Self Esteem by Offspring
Lala, lalala, catchy song
- 7. Peaches by Presidents Of The United States Of America
I cool song, With a cool Band name
- 6. Why's Everybody Always Pickin' On Me? by Bloodhound Gang
Yeah funny song by the bloodhound gang
- 5. Bawitdaba by Kid Rock
Bawitdaba de diggydiggy diggy said the boogie, up jump the boogie (or something like that)
- 4. Can't Touch This by Mc Hammer
hehe fun song to
- 3. Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
Yeah This song is funny like MC Hammer
- 2. Counterfeit by Limp Bizkit
From Limp Bizkit First Album, it's very cool, cooler then many of the new
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Very Nice Song, But also very nonsens lyric
By: Jill Karwoski
- 10. Baby Keep It Up by Black And Blue Cows
- 9. Complicated by Avril Lavigne
- 8. Abc by Sunshine
- 7. Hit Me Baby One More Time! by Brittany Spears
- 6. Disco Fever by Coffee Beans
- 5. Follow Me by Uncle Cracker
- 4. No Shoes ,no Shirts, No Problems by Kenny Chesney
- 3. Red, White, And Blue by Toby Kieth
- 2. Stand Tall by The Village People
- 1. Holidae Inn by Chingy
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book