What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
By: Shane Mastroine
- 10. Heart and Soul by T' Pau
Pretty good song! It's played all the time on the radio these days.
- 9. Caught A Light Sneeze by Tori Amos
Very unique song, it gives you chills!
- 8. New by No Doubt
This is a fast-pace song, and i like fast-pace songs.
- 7. Stay by Lisa Loeb
This is a cutie pie song! But I like it anyways. Those cat-eyed glasses brainwashed me!
- 6. Constant Craving by K.D. Lang
Very good voice, very good song, very good artist!
- 5. Not An Addict by K's Choice
Very deep song. It digs its way into your mind and it won't leave it!
- 4. Spit Me Out by Collective Soul
I'm not 100% sure that's the song title, but it's a great song. It really is unforgettable. It's been 10 years since i've listened to it, and I still haven't forgot about it!
- 3. Take My Picture by Filter
I liked this song from the second it came out and never flared any hatred toward it!
- 2. Violet by Hole
Another wild one!
- 1. Dress by PJ Harvey
The wildest song of the 90s!
These songs were a big part of my life and i want to thank the artists for giving me a great childhood! I was listening to the adult alternative 90s style music since I was born. I feel sorry for kids that had to listen to Barney songs during their childhood, because they are missing out on so much. If you are a parent of kids, let them explore the exquisite art of music! It is a huge part of life, and these days, you've gotta live life to the fullest!
- 10. Rooster by Alice in Chains
- 9. No Rain by Blind Melon
- 8. Oasis by Champagne Supernova
- 7. Plush by Stone Temple Pilots
- 6. Jermey by Pearl Jam
- 5. Wonderwall by Oasis
- 4. Machinehead by Bush
- 3. This is a Call by Foo Fighters
- 2. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 1. Thanks Alot by Third Eye Blind
Third Eye BLind RuleZZZZZ!!!!!!
- 10. Losing My Religion by Rem
- 9. Nobody's Wife by Anouk
"I'm sorry but i ain't gonna change my ways, i tried but i'm still the same..."
- 8. Crazy by Aerosmith
- 7. Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve
amazing musc, classic in rock... WOW!
- 6. #1 Crush by Garbage
AMAZING lyrics and best soundtrack material [romeo & juliet]
- 5. Only Happy When It Rains by Garbage
"I'm riding high upon a deep depresion..."
- 4. I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing by Aerosmith
One of the best songs that showed that 70's rock ain't dead
- 3. Don't Cry by Guns N' Roses
Got nothing to say...
- 2. Estranged by Guns N' Roses
My fave fong ever
- 1. November Rain by Guns N' Roses
This song is the closest we'll ever get to Stairway to Heave4n, it has excellent music, amazing lyrics and of course the voice of Axl Rose
rock seemed to have died before we got to 1990's and these few songs were the fewest that survived the attack of britney spears, bsb and n'sync... Good job!
- 10. Something I Can Never Have by Nine Inch Nails
You could guess what this song's about even if it was sung in Icelandic. It just sounds so desperate and longing.
- 9. Winter by Tori Amos
If there's any song that can compete with the heartbreaking beauty of "I Could Have Lied", it's this one.
- 8. Karma Police by Radiohead
The whole album was just such a breath of fresh air and just so different from everything out there. Just my personal favorite from a great band
- 7. Breaking The Girl by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Such an unusual and original guitar part, combined with Flea's heartpounding bass and a classic percussion solo, this song will blow you away. The best musicians in rock are all in this band and this song will show you that.
- 6. The Freshman by The Verve
Excellent song about reflections on lost innocence, with great lyrics and a catchy melody. "...for the life of me, I cannot remember, what made us think that we were wise and we'd never compromise..."
- 5. Jane Says by Jane's Addiction
I can't say anything specific about why I love this song, its so simple and yet so great.
- 4. Lake Of Fire by Nirvana
It was too cliched to put "Teen Spirit" as number one, so I just took it out and instead put my favorite Nirvana song here. So angry and beautiful, all at the same time.
- 3. Black by Pearl Jam
Great song, good lyrics and builds to an incredible finish
- 2. Oasis by Champagne Supernova
I don't care what people say about Oasis, any band that can write a song like this can be forgiven for being a bunch of jerks. There just wasn't enough space on the list to include their other amazing songs like "Live Forever", "Wonderwall", "Don't Look Back in Anger" and "Cast No Shadow"
- 1. I Could Have Lied by Red Hot Chili Peppers
The saddest song I've ever heard, right in the middle of their funk-rock masterpiece "BloodSugerSexMagic". It tears your heart out every time you hear it. My absolute favorite band.
Ten's just not enough. Forgot to put Sublime, Smashing Pumpkins, Weezer, Guns N' Roses, Rage Against the Machine, and about 20 bands I'm forgeting...
- 10. Waterfalls by TLC
- 9. Smooth by Santana W/Rob Thomas
An amazing comeback fueled by Metatron
- 8. Name by Goo Goo Dolls
It was a happy time and to think this song started us on the Goo Goo Dolls and it was all an accident.
- 7. Push/3AM by Matchbox 20
I think we can all empathize with this song.
- 6. Crash by Dave Matthews Band
It's about a peeping Tom and has essentially one two chords, but it blows me away still.
- 5. Foolish Games by Jewel
One of those songs everyone loves and everyone forgets about. It's open heart surgery.
- 4. My Own Prison by Creed
An amazing story behind this song and a good lesson for all.
- 3. Good Riddance by Green Day
It's so bittersweet and I flood with memories when I hear it and because of when it was.
- 2. The Freshman by The Verve Pipe
I lived this song.
- 1. I Alone by Live
An interesting story that I think everyone can relate to.
Honorable mentions are Glycerine by Bush, Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden, Torn by Natalie Imruglia, Semi Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind, I'll Be by Edwin McCain, Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls, The Mummer's Dance by Loreena McKennitt, The Dolphin's Cry by Live, This Kiss by faith Hill, Ants Marching by Dave Matthews, and anything by Matchbox 20.
- 10. Con Te Partiro (Time To Say Goodbye) by Andrea Bocelli
perfect vocals for this song.
- 9. One More Try by Timmy T
full of emotional "wonder years" angst.
- 8. End of the Road by Boyz 2 Men
such a sweet surreal love ballad.
- 7. Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
how can anyone forget this one?!
- 6. Ditty by Paperboy
a one hit wonder, but the flow of the rhythm is unforgetable.
- 5. Your Song by Elton John
"And you can tell everybody this is your song. It may be quite simple but now that it's done. I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind that I put down in words... how wonderful life is while you're in the world." so very heartfelt and honest.
- 4. November Rain by Guns N' Roses
"So if you wanna love me then darlin' don't refrain, or I'll just end up walkin' in the cold November rain." this song always get's to me.
- 3. The Zephyr Song by Red Hot Chili Peppers
time to kick back and do nothing.
- 2. Liberate by Disturbed
let the truth be told...
- 1. Down With The Sickness by Disturbed
awesome song! creates chaotic pit mayhem! rock on!!
- 10. Open Up Your Eyes by Tonic
- 9. One Headlight by Wallflowers
- 8. Tyler or Possum Kingdom by Toadies
Rubberneck is a good cd, if you don't have it I would reccomend it.
- 7. I Stay Away by Alice In Chains
I love this one, and the video is a nice change
- 6. When I Come Around by Green Day
One of the most fun songs around
- 5. Cherub Rock by Smashing Pumpkins
Great guitar sound, great to listen to
- 4. Loser by Beck
in the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey butane in my veins and i'm out to get the junkie with the plastic eyeballs, spraypaint the vegetables dog food.... haha Beck is so cool!
- 3. Cannonball by Breeders
This one is just great. It mocks a very twisted guy.
- 2. Lithium by Nirvana
Everything by Nirvana
- 1. Gotta Get Away and Self Esteem by Offspring
Ah, just about everything on Smash, and Ignition too
There are so many more!!
- 10. Ana's Song (open Fire) by Silverchair
- 9. 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
Whenever you need a release, this song is perfect
- 8. Black Hole Sum by Soundgarden
Deep and spiritual
- 7. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
A song you can never get tired of, consisting of a theme not covered by many bands
- 6. Daughter by Pearl Jam
An extraordinary aura exist within this piece
- 5. About A Girl by Nirvana
Just 1 of nirvana's many great songs - this 1 would hava to be th most upbeat
- 4. Dolphin's Cry by Live
A great rock song - examining it deeper one realises just how positive and free it is
- 3. Better Man by Pearl Jam
Brilliant and underated - eddie veeder just lets out his emotions in a magnificent way. he and kurt cobain are the best artists of our time
- 2. Time Of Your Life by Green Day
A contemplative song - captures all that a love song needs to
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Nothing to be said - takes you completely to another world
Grunge music will live on forever, having changed the way we look at eachother and life, it allowed people to speak their minds.
By: Snoop Doggy Dogg
- 10. Hypnotize by Notorious B.I.G
A flashing song symbolising how Biggies lyrics hypnotize people!
- 9. How Do U Want It? by 2pac
Man, How Do U Want It!!!
- 8. 2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted by 2pac Feat. Snoop Dogg
They are really stupid putting 2 of amerikaz most wanted rappers in the same god damn place!!!!
- 7. Mo Money Mo Problems by Notorious B.I.G
The more money the more problems u see!!!
- 6. Regulate by Warren G Feat. Nate Dogg
Above The Rim (an amazing movie by 2pac)Soundtrack
- 5. Notorious Thugz by Notorious B.I.G Feat. Bone Thugz N' Harmony
It's Bone & Biggie Baby!!
- 4. F**K With Dre Day by Dr Dre
The way Dre raps is amazing!!
- 3. California Love(Remix) by 2pac Feat. Dr Dre
Calli Fornia Love Nigga!!!
- 2. Nuthin' But A G Thang by Dr Dre Feat. Snoop Dogg
This song is the lick!!!!
- 1. Changes by 2pac
The Best Of the best !!!!!!!!
2pac,Dr Dre,Snoop Dogg,Biggie are the best Rappers who will and always will be the best in the business.
- 10. 3 Libras/Judith by A Perfect Circle
Lucky for me, these two songs tied and fit ehre perfectly together. Judith showed thousands fo people just how blind their faith really is, and 3 Libras is for those people who feel all alone in life, never noticed, never appreciated for their innocence.
- 9. Nobody Knows by Tony Rich Project
One of R&Bs milestone songs. This song inspired many people to start looking to R&B as an emotional soother in life.
- 8. Who WIll Save Your Soul by Jewel
If you hear this song for all it's worth, and the message gets across, you will agree with me that it belongs in the top 10 for sure. Jewel is just awesome, can't we all agree to that?
- 7. Shine by Collective Soul
Probably one the most influential songs to alternative bands today who want to play on a new level such as Collective Soul did, and was very succesful with it.
- 6. Foolish Games by Jewel
Proabbly the greatest song about broken love that has ever been made.
- 5. You're Still The One by Shania Twain
Can you argue with about song being in the top 10? I don't think you would want to, not only was the song soothing to the ears, but the video was good on the ears AND eyes. =D
- 4. Nookie by Limp Bizkit
This song had small influence on a very large aspect of my life today. Not really the band, but the words in this song, showed me a few things in life don't always have to be done for a good reason, you can do it all just for the nookie. =P
- 3. Haligh, Haligh, A Lie, Haligh by Bright Eyes(Connor Oberst)
Connor's poetic lyrics grab your attention with his amazing voice. Though he sounds nervous and stutters occasionally, the music he produces is still increible, and this song shows it like no other in my opinion.
- 2. Resurrection(Paper, Paper) by Bone Thugs N Harmony
Releases in 1999, changed my views on what rap could be...Great music that's inspiring to all, and doesn't get old after many listenings.
- 1. You Were Meant For Me by Jewel
Completely incredible song, sung bya beautiful girl with one of the most outstanding voices in the music industry.
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book