What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Happily Ever After by Case
An incredible love song that reminds me of the summer of '99.
- 9. My Boo by Ghost Town DJ's
Where are they now?!?!?
- 8. Don't Want To Fall In Love by Jane Child
Who could forget her long flowing hair?? But where is she now??
- 7. La La Love by Bobby Ross Avila
Remember this?? Probably one of the best love songs of the decade. If you can find this one...GET IT!!
- 6. Give It To You by Jordan Knight
A cool comeback with this song made this the first time I have ever been able to say I like a New kids on the block singer's song.
- 5. Make You Sweat by Keith Sweat
An early 90's jam that still sounds good today.
- 4. Funkdafied by Da Brat
Her best song.
- 3. Virtual Insanity by Jamiroquai
Not only is this song great but the video's effects are too.
- 2. Weak by SWV
I seemed to never get tired of hearing this one.
- 1. Bump 'n' Grind by R. Kelly
The long version of this song is quite possibly the best R&B song I've ever heard.
- 10. Break Stuff by Limp Bizkit
Isn't this what my entire generation's about?
- 9. Push by Matchbox Twenty
- 8. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
- 7. Jump Around by House of Pain
- 6. Darkest Days by Stabbing Westward
- 5. My Own Prison by Creed
- 4. Semi-Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind
- 3. California Love by 2pac
- 2. Sober by Tool
- 1. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
It was difficult to choose only ten songs... I fought myself for atleast an hour from a list of about a hundred. In complete frustration, I chose the ten that best represent what I was all about in the 90s.
- 10. Crash and Burn by Savage Garden
This is good,very good.
- 9. Mandy by Stryke Five
a great remake of an old song,gotta hear it.
- 8. It's Gonna Be Me by N'Sync
A good dancing song.
- 7. Now and Forever by Richard Markx
This is just a good song.
- 6. The One by Backstreet Boys
This song is great,I love it.
- 5. Better Off Alone by AliceDJ
Now I'm sure we've all thought this one time in our life
- 4. The Sign by Ace of Base
I guess we all want to know what"the sign" is,but this is till a great song
- 3. Uptown Girl by Billy Joel
Every time I hear this I flip,it rocks
- 2. Oops,I did it again by Britney Spears
Just makes ya wanna dance!!
- 1. Can't fight this feeling by REO Speedwagon
I love this song.I'm a romantic and could listen to this for hours.
My fav song of all time is "Double Trouble" of course most people wouldn't know that song,but it rocks.Also I knew I loved you~Savage Garden,Bye Bye Bye~N'Sync,and many more
- 10. The One by Backstreet Boys
"There you were wild and free reaching out like you needed me"
- 9. It's Gonna Be Me by N'Sync
"Every little thing I do, never seems enough for you"
- 8. Manic Monday by The Bangels
"I was kissin' Valentino by a crystal blue italian stream"
- 7. Crash and Burn by Savage Garden
"If you need to crash then crash and burn you're not alone"
- 6. You'll Be In My Heart by Phil Collins
"This bond between us can't be broken,I will be here don't you cry"
- 5. The Sign by Ace of Base
"Life is demanding without understanding"
- 4. Uptown Girl by Billy Joel
"Uptown girl,she's getting tired of her uptown world"
- 3. Everything You Want by Vertical Horizon
"He's everything you want,he's everything you need"
- 2. Oops,I did it again by Britney Spears
"You see my problem is that I'm dreamin' away"
- 1. Can't fight this feeling by REO Speedwagon
"My life has been a whirlwind since I saw you"
I have tons of fav,but these are all great.
- 10. Superfly by Missy Elliott
One of only five rap songs I like, and believe me it's good. I love her talents and I greatly appreciate her abilities.
- 9. Who Will Save Your Souls by Jewel
I remember hearing this song for the first time and wondering who it was. I loved it from the first moment I heard it.
- 8. Dirty Dawg by NKOTB
I love this song not because it is a New Kids song, but because it is a wonderfully written pop song and not in the tradition of the boy band pop of the late nineties.
- 7. Cryin' by Aerosmith
What started the whole Alicia Silverstone mid-decade craze, and I love Aerosmith as well.
- 6. Dream Lover by Mariah Carey
Mariah was probably the biggest female artist of the decade if not of all time.
- 5. You're Still the One by Shania Twain
She was the ultimate country diva of the decade and this was one of her biggest pop hits.
- 4. You Oughtta Know by Alanis Morisette
She was one of the biggest artists of the decade, and I love this song.
- 3. U Can't Touch This by M.C. Hammer
I loved the song "Superfreak" by Rick James, but I absolutely adored this one when I was younger.
- 2. Erotica by Madonna
Dirty, dirty song, the video even worse. But she started a controversy and left an impact on the world with this one.
- 1. Wannabe by Spice Girls
This song started the entire pop craze of the late nineties, and I couldn't adore it more. T'was a wonderfully crafted pop song which I think the world needs more of.
- 10. Zombie by Cranberries
- 9. Waking Up Beside You by Stabbing Westward
- 8. Machine Head by Bush
- 7. Long Day by Matchbox 20
- 6. Someday I Suppose by Mighty Mighty Bosstones
- 5. 4 am by Our Lady Peace
- 4. Karma Police by Radiohead
- 3. Sunburn by Fuel
- 2. Four-Leaf Clover by Metallica
- 1. Thief by Our Lady Peace
- 10. Make Me Bad by KORN
- 9. . I'll Stick Around by FOO FIGHTERS
- 8. . Falling Away From ME by KORN
- 7. . Freak On A Leash by KORN
- 6. . I Drive Myself Crazy by NSYNC
- 5. DIGETALDIGETALGET DOWN by NSYNC
- 4. adams song by BLINK-182-
- 3. whats my age agin by BLINK-182-
- 2. Bye bye bye by nsync
cause they are #1
- 1. its going to be me by NSYNC
it touched my heart
THIS ARE JEST SOME GREAT SONGS
- 10. November Rain by Guns N Roses
- 9. Gangsta's Paradise by Coolio
- 8. What's Up by 4 Non-Blonds
- 7. Breakfast At Tiffany's by Deep Blue Something
- 6. Give Me One Reason by Tracy Chapman
- 5. Waterfalls by TLC
- 4. Losing My Religion by REM
- 3. I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston
- 2. Killing Me Softly by The Fugees
- 1. It's All Coming Back To Me Now by Celine Dion
This song is so much fun! It's the best!
Top 5 Honorable mentions go to: Lauryn Hill- Doo Wop (That Thing), Madonna- Take a Bow, 702- Where my Girls At, Oasis- Champagne Supernova, and Sinead O'Connor- Nothing Compares 2 U.
By: brian kotick
- 10. whata girl wants by cristina!
- 9. candy by mandY!
- 8. ill wanna love you forever by jessica simpson
- 7. all the small things by blink 182
- 6. the bad touch by bloodhound gang
- 5. opps i did it again by brtitney spears
- 4. bi bi bi.... i mean bye bye bye by n sync
- 3. ill never break your heart by bsb
- 2. e-mail my heart by britney spears
- 1. mambo #5 by lou bega
By: Rob Hofmann
- 10. Cool Kids by Screeching Weasel
"There's a real cool club on the other side of town/ Where the real cool kids go to hang around and talk bad/ about the other kids/ yeah it's a real cool club, and you're not part of it."
- 9. Rocket by Smashing Pumpkins
No reason, just a song I always really liked.
- 8. To Zion by Lauryn Hill
The best cut off of her stunning album.
- 7. Everybody Hurts by R.E.M.
This song was so important in an era of angsty grunge music. Teenagers listening to Nirvana and Nine Inch Nails needed a message to tell them that maybe, just maybe, everything in the world wasn't that bad.
- 6. Hyperballad by Björk
- 5. Redefinition by Blackstar
With its refrain of "1,2,3/ Mos Def and Talib Kweli/ gonna rock it on to the tip-top/ too much violence in hip-hop", Blackstar issued a rallying cry to re-evaluate the values in rap and hip-hop music, a statement sorely needed by the end of the 90s.
- 4. Everlong (acoustic) by Foo Fighters
Dave Grohl performed an achingly beautiful rendition of this usually feedback-laden song on the Howard Stern Radio Show with only his voice and an acoustic guitar. Afterwards, the studio was silent for about thirty seconds. Howard broke the silence by saying "I just got chills from that song," to which Dave replied, "I dunno... I like to rock out."
- 3. Girl/Boy Song by Aphex Twin
- 2. Don't Change Your Plans by Ben Folds Five
- 1. Kim the Waitress by Material Issue
This is my favorite song of all time, and probably always will be. 'Nuff said.
Compiling a list of Top 10 songs is silly, because it's so subjective. Chances are real good that you haven't heard plenty of songs you'd probably like better than the ones you listed, and even with the ones you do like, it's all a matter of what mood you're in when you listen to them anyway. That said, I just kind of threw together my list off the top of my head. I do admit that I have my share of guilty pleasure songs... to avoid poisoning my list with them, here they are now: • "You Gotta Be" by Des'ree • "Standing Outside the Fire" by Garth Brooks • "Girl U Know It's True" by Milli Vanilli There. Don't laugh at me. Oh, and also I guess I should say "Smells Like Teen Spirit" because that belongs on any list of 90s songs.
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book