What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. love is blinde by eav
- 9. what's my name by DMX
he is so hot!
- 8. the real slim shady by eminime
- 7. back that azz up by juvenile
- 6. what's it gonna be by Busta Ryhms fet. Janet Jackson
- 5. anywhere by 112
I love this song
- 4. say my name by destinys child
- 3. other side by R.H.C.peppers
- 2. next episode by snoopdogg fet.dr.dre
its a bad a** song
- 1. simple man by lynard skinard
it's the best song ever made
- 10. butterfly by mariah carey
she finally comes out of her goody-2-shoes stage
- 9. back that ass up by juvenile
the ultimate dance song
- 8. wonderwall by oasis
this is a mellowed out twist of a song..it's great
- 7. stupid girl by garbage
the power of shirley manson and garbage is AWESOME!
- 6. changes by tupac
I think everyone felt something on this one.
- 5. ana's song by silverchair
It's cool how bands can talk about their issues and get the word out.
- 4. smells like teen spirt by Nirvana
The ultimate party anthem!
- 3. My name is by Eminem
He lived a hard life,and managed to get out there w/his amazing talents.
- 2. you oughtta know by alanis morrisette
this si the ultimate I HATE YOU,YOU SUCK SONG!
- 1. Higher by Creed
They play their own music and write it to. And it all sounds great.
this is just my opinion..may music live forever!
- 10. Ordinary World by Duran Duran
Great song from a great 80s band
- 9. Hey Jealousy by Gin Blossoms
This is just a great song...
- 8. Just the Two of Us by Will Smith
His version is great; Dr. Evil and Mini-Me is hilarious!
- 7. Wrong Way by Sublime
Another great song!
- 6. Song 2 by Blur
This song Rocks!
- 5. Longview by Green Day
Gotta love this song!
- 4. Mr. Jones by Counting Crows
Their best song!
- 3. Walk on the Ocean by Toad and the Wet Sprocket
Always makes me think of the end of Summer.
- 2. Losing my Religion by REM
My favorite REM song.
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Like they said, this is THE song of the 90s
- 10. 1979 by The Smashing Pumpkins
Yes, I have to mention them again. But its worth mentioning when a song from a hard-rocking band is played on Top 40 stations. No wonder "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness" is the best-selling double album of all time, with songs such as this one, "Bullet With Butterfly Wings", "Tonight, Tonight", and "Zero" amongst others.
- 9. Ants Marching by Dave Matthews Band
He's an aqquired taste, but everyone seemed to like this song. :o)
- 8. Faith by Limp Bizkit
A very controversial song (Limp Bizkit was paying radio stations to play it), it started Limp Bizkit's cult following. Everyone, young and old, has heard of them by now.
- 7. Smooth by Santana
The album "Supernatural" came out in June of 1999. The first single, "Smooth", is still topping the charts in June of 2000. You can't beat that.
- 6. Bullet With Butterfly Wings by The Smashing Pumpkins
By far, my favorite band. This song was huge from the moment it was released. It shaped the rock sound of the mid-90s.
- 5. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
In my opinion, the best song by one of the best artists of the 90s. The kind of song you can never get sick of, just like the band. Very moving. Ranks in my top ten favorite songs of all time.
- 4. MMMBop by Hanson
The song that made the name Hanson synonymous with "annoying and possibly gay". So addictive, so annoying, so adorably irresistable.
- 3. Wannabe by Spice Girls
Come on, admit it. You sang along with it when you thought no one was around. They brought Girl Power, bad English clothes, and no talent across the ocean. Yet we still embraced them.
- 2. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
The song that started it all. Need I say more? Nirvana IS the 90s.
- 1. My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion
Sure, we all got really sick of it, and all the remixes, and the movie, and her in general...but it was probably one of the biggest songs of the 90s, and of all time, and will forever be associated with the late 90s. Besides, she's definitely the Diva of the Decade.
I've noticed that not everyone is putting Britney Spears on their lists. THANK YOU. :o)
- 10. Seal by Crazy
I just love this song!!
- 9. Beastie Boys by Intergalactic
Hard to pick just one BB song!
- 8. Losing My Religion by REM
A song I will never get sick of.
- 7. Boyz II Men by Motownphilly
Great harmonizing, killer beat, great song!
- 6. Give It Away by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Punk/rap fusion. What could be better??
- 5. Summertime by DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince
Came during the amazing music summer of 1991.
- 4. Basket Case by Green Day
3 chords blew me away and I have seen them 7 times since.
- 3. Firestarter by Prodigy
I fell in love the first time I heard it. The only other time that has happened is with song #1.
- 2. Right Here, Right Now by Jesus Jones
This went along with the EMF-era in my life.
- 1. Unbelievable by EMF
This song changed my life forever, and I still live by it.
Honorable mentions: Enter Sandman - Metallica Dope Show - Marilyn Manson Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana Song 2 - Blur Mysterious Ways - U2
- 10. Song 2 by Blur
Also 6 votes, its fun not not one the top 10 of the 90's
- 9. Enter Sandman by Metallica
6 votes, Metallica's most famous
- 8. Killing Me Softly by Fugees
Also 7 votes
- 7. Time of Your Life by Green Day
7 votes, Green-Day's post punk song, a good tune
- 6. No Rain by Blind Melon
8 votes, Everyone liked this song, I liked it, became a really popular song after the lead singer died
- 5. You Oughta Know by Alanis Morrissette
9 votes, this song was big cause all woman started standing up for themselves.
- 4. November Rain by Guns 'N Roses
10 votes, the video helped, I never really liked Axl myself.
- 3. Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
11 votes- was popular with people that liked pop or rock, another one of my favorites
- 2. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
This song was next with 12, another grunge tune, also a good song, the video is great.
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
The songs won by a whole lot, had 22 votes, I would agree that this is the best of the 90's
I based this list on all of the votes put into this website and tallied them up to come up with this list.
By: Josh S.
- 10. Jane Says by Jane's Addiction
Just a great song. I love the lyrics, the guitar, the base. Overall, a fantastic little diddy.
- 9. Heaven Coming Down by The Tea Party
I love this song. These guys are so talented musically, it's scary. Everybody should check these guys out, but most of you are too shallow. I mean, honestly, what kind of loser would put Limp Bizkit on your list? If you have Limp Bizkit on your list, don't buy anything by The Tea Party, because their music is WAY too deep for your feeble minds.
- 8. What's This Life For? by Creed
This is the best song on "My Own Prison." People are always talking about "Human Clay," but that album just lacks the diversity of their debut. Just a great song, and the verse is incredible.
- 7. Fake Plastic Trees by Radiohead
I love everything about it. The lyrics, the music, the simplicity of the guitar, the whole concept of the song. It's just great.
- 6. Miller's Angels by Counting Crows
This song is great. Nobody appreciates this song, or this album really, but it's definitely my favorite song by them, and their best. The vocals by Duritz are incredible.
- 5. Lady Picture Show by Stone Temple Pilots
The song is terrific, Weiland is a genius, and I could spend hours talking about it.
- 4. Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam
I just love this tune. Vedder's vocals aren't the best on this track, but he more than makes up for it with his emotion. A very artistic song. THIS is music.
- 3. The First Day Of Spring by The Gandharvas
This song is by a band that nobody has ever heard of. It just goes to show that about 85% wouldn't know good music if it slapped you in the face. The lyrics are good, it's got great little riffs, and the grand finale of the song is great.
- 2. The Background by Third Eye Blind
This song is fantastic. The lyrics, the music, it all molds into one great piece of work. I love it.
- 1. Carnival by Our Lady Peace
I couldn't decide between this and 4am, but overall, the lyrics are better. I like the concept of 4am, but the lyrics are so very poetic. I am probably their biggest fan. This song starts off with a GREAT intro, and just stays strong till the finish. It's about one of those days, where you look down, and all you see are cracks in the pavement, which symbolizes stress. Only true fans of music will understand that. If you don't get this song, I will assure you that you are a brainwashed teeny bopper. Get a life, stop thinking that MTV plays good stuff, and listen to some true music. Maida, Turner, Coutts, and Taggart are the true geniuses of music. Not that sellout stuff.
I can't stand these sellouts. I'm ashamed to see that there isn't more Our Lady Peace, I Mother Earth, Skillet, MXPX, Moist, Blinker The Star, Dave Matthews Band, R.E.M., Smashing Pumpkins, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Spin Doctors, Hootie And The Blowfish, Massive Attack, etc. I pray to God, that as we begin this new decade, my generation will start listening to good music. I hate the fact that there are teenage girls that buy cd's based on how the singer looks. It disgusts me. Also, please give foreign artists more credit, they don't have nearly as many sellouts as we have in the United States. I'm probably forgeting to write stuff, but it's 3:30 in the morning, and I'm tired. Bye.
By: Jenny Blair
- 10. Doo Wop by Lauryn Hill
This song rules.
- 9. Intergalactic by Beastie Boys
It was hard to choose only one of theirs, but this is the dopest.
- 8. Free Falling by Tom Petty
This is the only song of his that I like.
- 7. Spiderwebs by No Doubt
Gwen fricken rules.
- 6. Dammit by Blink 182
Totally captures what growing up is like.
- 5. Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
This is my favorite song of theirs.
- 4. What's My Name? by Snoop Doggy Dog
This is really fun to dance to.
- 3. Busta Move by Young MC
Totally fun lyrics.
- 2. Killing Me Softly by Fugees
This is such a cool song.
- 1. Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
Come on, everyone likes this song...even if they won't admit it.
Hey, all you guys that are putting songs from the eighties and ones from 2000.........STOP. This is a nineties list.
- 10. head like a hole by nine inch nails
- 9. 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
- 8. Push It by Garbage
- 7. kiss them for me by Siouxsie and the banshees
- 6. Firestarter by Prodigy
- 5. Thunderkiss 65 by White Zombie
- 4. Zero by Smashing Pumpkins
- 3. tonight,tonight by Smashing Pumpkins
- 2. epic by Faith no more
- 1. Bulls on Parade by Rage against the Machine
best bands- offspring, nirvana,Sinead o'conner,Bush,No doubt and Pearl Jam. those are my faverite bands
By: Michael Fitzgerald
- 10. Elevators by Outkast
This is a great song, it has strung out beats that really illuminate your mind.
- 9. Dre Day by Dr Dre
This is off his first cd and is a classic 90's song that everybody should know.
- 8. I'll Be by Edwin McCain
This a song that is one of those songs that touches everybody in a certain way.
- 7. Doo Wop by Lauryn Hill
One of the greatest new singers in the 90's and this song is probably my favorite because it reminds me of someone that was and is very special to me.
- 6. Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
This song almost brings me to tears almost everytime I hear it, it is a great song that makes me think about my life.
- 5. Secret smile by semisonic
a great mid 90's song that puts you in a good mood
- 4. walk on the ocean by toad and the wet sprockets
A wonderful slow alternative song that is great, toad and the wet sprockets are awesome.
- 3. Bourbans and Lacs by Master P
A great song to hang out and and do whatever because everybody knows it and loves it if they know anything about music.
- 2. Satallite by Dave Matthews Band
One of the best songs just to chill with a girl or friends.
- 1. Gin and Juice by Snoop Doggy Dogg
Best rapper of all time and this song made rap popular in the 90's!!
As you can tell I like all types of music and I was going to put 2000 music on there but I decided to try and get the best songs of the 1990's like it says.
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book